Friday, December 28, 2007

Yippety Skippety!

On Saturday during the birthday party, Jason's friends from school started calling him to tell them they'd passed the "EIT"... which meant Jason's results were at home in our mail box. He anxiously waited until the evening when we headed home but opened it when he got back into the car after getting our mail out of the box. I think I was more nervous than him to see the results...Wahooooo!! I was so excited. This last semester has probably been the worst for me. Other semesters were worse for Jason because of the stress of his grades, but this one kept him away from Clara and me more than any other. He was working pretty much full time (always at least 30 hours a week, usually closer to 40), had four classes (two of them had labs) and was studying for the EIT. He was gone ALL the time and at times, went a few days without seeing Clara and even some without seeing me. I was glad when the semester was over and now I'm glad to know he passed so he won't have to be studying for the next EIT exam in April during next semester.

For those of you that don't know but might care, the "EIT" is actually now the "FE". EIT= Engineer in Training FE= Fundamentals of Engineering. After becoming an EIT (passing the FE exam and having a degree OR having the required four years of relative work experience), you have to work for four more years and pass the PE (Professional Engineer) exam to become a PE, which entails getting your engineering stamp. Jason has enough experience so once he gets his application approved, he will be an EIT, while his friends at school will have to wait until they graduate to be eligible. I'm so proud of Jason's accomplishment and hope I can be a little more supportive during the next phase in his career. :) He has certainly risen above his surroundings and I'm sure he'll continue to do so!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Congratulation!!! That is exciting to have such a big hurdle out of the way. Lindsay and I can definitely relate to the stress associated with such a big test. Now you can begin to reap the benefits of all your hard work.

From Matt

Kathryn said...

Hey Anna, I was wondering about the test, but I didn't want to ask because I thought for sure that you would have blogged about it by now. Congrats. One more semester. YAY. Good thing that when he graduates he won't have to go on business trips all the time. I'm VERY happy Ryan has a job that is a stay in town job.