We had a lovely little Christmas. On Sunday our program at Church was mostly music, which I think is the best. Sunday night we drove around and looked at some lights. I spent Christmas Eve day shopping with Angela, wrapping presents and getting excited for Christmas Day. That night Jason and I read about the birth of our Savior and sang some songs. Clara wasn't really interested. Mostly she just wanted to smash my glass nativity pieces together. I missed going to my parent's and hearing the story of Wally. There was no reason we couldn't go, just a miscommunication. Hopefully next year I'll get to hear it. Jason and I cleaned and then watched a few Christams movies and then went to bed.
I woke up at 730am without my alarm because that's when Clara normally wakes up. She wasn't up so I decided to try to shower real fast so I'd be ready to go to my mom's when she did wake up. She still wasn't awake when I got done getting ready so Jason and I opened a few of our gifts. Finally, at 835am, we decided to just wake her up. I guess we could've just done our gifts later, but I just thought of that. Anyway, we had fun with our little family and then went to my mom's. I took more pictures than this but just realized they are on Jason's computer and I'm way too lazy to go get them right now. Clara almost was excited to open presents.
We ate breakfast and then hung out there the rest of the day! On the way home, we stopped by Ryan and Kathryn's to say hi (their girls were sick so they didn't come over). Okay, Clara isn't looking at the camera, BUT, the important thing to note is her little pigtail. :) It was her first day of pigtails and my goodness it was cute. It didn't last long, but I enjoyed it nonetheless! And the little leggings from Auntie Angela are just too cute. Oh my gosh, I love having a girl!!
I have thought a lot about why I like Christmas so much, even when I can't give the gifts I'd like to. Obviously, I enjoy it because I love to think of the birth of Christ. I love the spirit I feel when I think about what a significant and glorious birth that was. I love the cold weather, I love the feeling int he air and I love time off from work. I didn't work on Christmas but even better, I didn't feel guilty for not working like I normally do on days I "take off". I just love how life seems to slow for a few days and we get to spend lots of time with family and relax and just enjoy life. As the day came to a close, I did get a little sad thinking I would have to wait another year for Christmas, but I am also looking forward to the New Year. Each New Year is like a new beginning bringing the opportunity to start fresh and to set goals to be a better person.
I woke up at 730am without my alarm because that's when Clara normally wakes up. She wasn't up so I decided to try to shower real fast so I'd be ready to go to my mom's when she did wake up. She still wasn't awake when I got done getting ready so Jason and I opened a few of our gifts. Finally, at 835am, we decided to just wake her up. I guess we could've just done our gifts later, but I just thought of that. Anyway, we had fun with our little family and then went to my mom's. I took more pictures than this but just realized they are on Jason's computer and I'm way too lazy to go get them right now. Clara almost was excited to open presents.

No comments:
Post a Comment