Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Trains, Work & Men vs. Women

Having a husband is fun stuff! Lately when Clara and I go do something, Jason comes... what a new and enjoyable concept for us. Last Saturday we just kind of hung out. My mom bought me a desk at Goodwill for my "office" (aka the Guest Room that I'm no longer allowed to call the "front room"). It's old and not the most beautiful thing, but it fits PERFECTLY in the tiny little nook that was previously just wasted space. In the evening, we went to Wal Mart and then to Chili's. Jason got a little bonus and I told him he could eat wherever he wanted for working so hard for our family and I wouldn't complain about spending the money. We were right by Chili's and he loves anything that sells meat, so that was his choice based on convenience. The last several times I've eaten there, my food was pretty blah. The conclusion I came to after having the same experience is that it's not what I order, but the whole restaurant.

Sunday Clara and I stayed home from Church per Jason's request. Clara has been sick so not only did he not think it was a good idea to expose her to other kids, but he wanted her to try to get some rest. She did get a great rest, but I missed Church. I look forward to being uplifted, socializing and being reminded of the covenants I have made and the renewed energy knowing I can start the upcoming week fresh and work on being a better person.

We went to my mom's for dinner and afterwards went to see a train display. There were several homes that had these trains on display, but we just went to the one in my parent's neighborhood. Wow! I'm not sure that's what I would do with my disposable income if I had that much, but I can see how one can start something like that and become totally obsessed. It was really neat. It was like a little mini city. I especially loved the tiny little REAL plants all around. I didn't have my camera, but we took some (several, ha) with Kathryn's camera, but they are being held ransome until I give her pictures from the last four years... Don't worry Kathryn, that's fair, I don't blame you. :)

Monday was another action-packed day. I have so much going on this week and luckily, it's work and play all mixed together. In the morning I had to go meet with the Treasurer for my new client. I was so grateful my neighbor was willing to babysit; it made it so much easier than having to take Clara to someone's in the car. It was weird being in my "old" work clothes and carrying my baby in them. The two worlds never really existed at the same time, so it was weird. I was gone for just over an hour and glad I don't have to do that more than I do. The old life I dabble in... (makes me sound like some kind of addict) And the new life I LOVE to death...The rest of the day Clara and I played, delievered a few Christmas goodies and went and got my hair cut. Last time I got my hair cut, it wasn't as short as I had mentally prepared myself for. This time, it was much shorter! I was thinking the last time it was this short and the conclusion was NEVER! I actually love it, but didn't think Jason would. This is not the best picture, but the other one's I took make me look like a googly-eyed big nose freak, so this will have to do.We went to my mom's to meet Jason and seconds after my mom saw me she complimented my new hair. Niether James, Daniel nor my dad said a thing. I told my mom Jason wouldn't like it, but at least he'd notice because last time I cut off like 5 inches and he didn't even notice. So, Jason met me at my mom's and we went to meet lots of family and friends at the Train Park in Scottsdale. Well, we drove all the way there, still nothing. We got out, walked to the park, found our group and Suzanne said, "Your hair! I love it." At that point Jason didn't have an option but to notice. Just a reminder of men vs. women and confirmation that my husband is 100% man for not noticing I had chopped 9 inches or so of my hair off! Jason told me it made me look like a little kid and I was full of energy and a bit hyper and he asked if it's cause I looked like a kid. I told him to honestly tell me if he liked it and here's what our conversation was like:

J: Why'd you do that?
A: It's cute, isn't it?
J: Yeah
A: Seriously, don't you like it?
J: Sure

A: Tell me the truth, I won't care if you don't
J: No, I like it... It will grow.


We rode the train and the carousel and had a great time. I had never been to that park and highly recommend it, especially the train ride through the many Christmas lights. We waited probably almost an hour for the train and that was after we cut Cindy who'd been there forever. The way I saw it, it was a good time to visit and take pictures. Clara was super giggly and full of smiles. She loves having Jason around.
The park is free to get in and the train is $2/person and kids under 3 are free with a paying adult (it's just a little train, not the one below). Jason said it was the Desert Polar Express. Ha ha. It was weird because I felt like we needed to hurry because we were wasting Jason's time... Kind of like after I quit every time I hung out with someone I felt like I was wasting precious time. Oooo la la, I can't wait until he never has to go back to school! :)

5 comments:

Beka said...

i love the haircut, i dont ever remember your hair being that short! its super cute! i cant believe you did it!

Lisa said...

Anna I just wanted to tell you how darling Clara is! Those pictures of her are so dang cute. Your hair looks great by the way. Hope you're doing well, and I hope you have a great Christmas!

Unknown said...

That looks like fun! I think your hair is really cute!!

Lindsay said...

I like your new haircut!! :) And it sounds like that park is one we need to take our family too. I have two train lovers here and Blake has been DYING to go on the Polar Express! Maybe this would suffice?

Also, where is the cool light display? We love taking the kids driving to look at Christmas lights!

Lindsey Kilpatrick said...

I love the hair! Super cute! Tell Clara Happy early birthday for me. We need to get together after Christmas.