skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Food
It seems pretty much everything that's been going on in my life lately relates to food, which isn't a bad thing. But first I have to clarify that on my last post where I shared Jason and my conversation about my hair, he corrected me. At the end, he also said he liked my hair because he really just likes my face. Oh how sweet... On Tuesday I met some of my old co-workers for lunch at Cheesecake Factory. We had a good time joking around with each other and catching up. I wish I wasn't so far from the office so I could go visit more often. Afterwards, Clara and I walked around the Biltmore for a little bit. I love shopping, even if I don't buy anything. Tuesday night I was up late again. You see, I got another one of my great ideas. I wanted to do something for my co-workers at KS and MBP for Christmas, so I decided to make sugar cookies. They looked beautiful when they were done, but it was almost 2 in the morning and I still had work I absolutely had to do. So yeah, it turned out to be not such a bright idea. I didn't get a picture, which means I was really tired. I worked until about 330am and went to bed wondering why I do that so frequently.Wednesday morning I had a meeting at KS for their retirement plan and it went great. I love productive meetings! After that I delivered all my goodies. Is this gross?
For lunch Wednesday, we had cheese crisps. I love it when some of the cheese escapes the confines of the tortilla and gets fried. I think when I was little my mom would fry cheese, so I decided to make some fried cheese. It's kind of a gross thought, but if you think about it, all of the greese seperates so it's probably less fattening than eating straight cheese. Please tell me someone else does this!Wednesday evening was KS' Christmas party at The Cheesecake Factory. Nylene watched Clara and we had a great time. I figure there's no need to have a family reunion when more families show up at the KS party than the actual reunions! HA! Jason got this HUGE burrito
and Angela was completely fascinated by her mini magical lamp (too bad this one had salad dressing and not a genie in it).
There was something funny going on with my food, but I was surrounded by good company. I'm not exactly sure what Jason's goal was in this picture, but if it was to look like a creepy crazy man, I'd say he accomplished it.
After dinner, we had a little gift game and Jason and I scored! Jason got an ipod nano (which, I might add, he's pretty much been playing with ever since... even if we had money to buy him something nice for Christmas I don't think he would have liked it near as much as that thing!) and I got a giftcard to Kohl's. Oh goody, now I can buy Clara some clothes and not stress out about it. It is "funny" to me how little things like that always happen at just the right time. Today I had a BOD meeting to go to in Phoenix. I took Clara and ended up just walking in, saying hi (while the administrative assistant held Clara) asking if anyone had anything for me, and leaving. But, they had invited me to stay for their Annual Steak Fry, so I stayed around to eat and mingle. Jake Flake was there and he kindly held Clara for me while I got my food. He's such a funny guy. I had a good time overall. It was, however, a relief to have it over because it was my last meeting of the week. I've had a lot of meetings this week and I'm not used to it so I'm trying to figure out how to keep things in order when I'm running around like crazy.Okay, I have all these random comments in my head that have been making me laugh:My neighbor's four year old son as his mom was changing his little sister's blow out: "Neighbor! Hurry come look, Kimberly exploded!" Court at the party referring to his mom: "...Grandma Santa Clause" (I tactfully asked if that was the same as Misses Clause)Jason, after saying bye, but just before he hung up the phone with Clint: "Enjoy your chocolates." (Clint got chocolate nuts at the party). This one, you probably had to hear it to enjoy, but I'm still laughing thinking about it. Jason said it so seriously and with no sarcassam in his voice and it was so quick Clint barely snuck in a laugh before the phone hung up.
1 comment:
your life is always so interesting. :) i LOVE your new short hair!!!! it is so fresh and stylish, GO ANNA!! I've never seen you with your hair that short, I LOVE IT! I wish we were there to attend Little Miss Clara's 1st Birthday Bash! Dang it!!! I just adore her and think she is the cutest ever! Hope she has fun messing around with her cake! Can't wait to see pictures! maybe a list too!:) 12.21.07~ Happy 1st Birthday Clara!
Post a Comment