Sunday, December 2, 2007

Saturday is a Special Day

I find it interesting that eventhough I'm not working a "normal" job anymore, I still look forward to and enjoy Saturdays. Jason is normally gone working so it's not even that I get help from him. Perhaps it's just the fact that no one will bother me from work or maybe it's because I know the next day is Sunday and a new week will begin, giving me the chance to do all those things I didn't get done the past week. Yesterday I went to lunch with Angela and some of her friends. I experienced one of her new favorite restaurants and would agree that it has great food. I can't remember the name of my sandwich, but it had proscuitto, tomato, fresh mozarella and fresh basil. The fresh basil was quite delicious.

Then, I came home and worked and started dinner. I have mentioned before, but my emotions are begging me to mention it again: I hate Bank of America. That's who KS banks with and let me just say, I am disturbed at their lack of service. I received a letter in the mail with a new online banking passcode. On my first attempt to log on, it said I had tried too many times to log on so I needed to call to reset my password. After being on hold for 30 minutes, I gave up for the day. But what I found even more unprofessional was the line in the letter that said, "Your passcode will expire if not used within 30 days of the date on the top of this letter." What is wrong with that? Only that there was NO date ANYWHERE on the letter. That could be the most TACKY thing I've ever seen from a professional organization. That, to me, is worse than a mispelled word.

Anyway, Jason had a huge project for school and he was helping some of his friends from school on it. He was going to meet them and I told him if he's helping them, they can come here. So all day and most of the night, the four of them sat in front of their computers working away at the table. Sometimes I miss being in school. Yesterday, I didn't miss it one bit! I got to make dinner for them. That was fun. I love entertaining, but haven't had the chance lately. Also, Karen came to hang out with me and I'm always amazed at how it seems we've been friends forever. We've known each other for about two and a half years but we don't get to hang out that often. I guess it makes a difference when you travel with people and eat three meals a day with them and then work side by side all day. And in Karen's case, we'd work together in our hotel rooms at night too. After dinner tonight, we went to the mall. Since it rained yesterday, our money tree grew, so that was perfect timing because Clara really needs more pants. I found a few pair of pants and a few long sleeved shirts so that was good. Now I just need some warm pajamas. Any suggestions? I need to try Ross because I am just too cheap to pay $10 for one pair of pj's when I wash them after every wear. Or maybe I just need to buy expensive ones and not let her eat her breakfast in them so she can wear them more than once. And then I won't need six or seven pairs. And just because I think she's the cutest little goose ever...

6 comments:

Emily Widdison said...

hey, could you send me your current e-mail address? I'll erase it on my blog when you send it.thanks!!

JLynn said...

hey anna, i wish i would have known she needed pj's sooner. ;) WE put Cache in his same pjs at least twice before we wash them. He wears 2 pairs to bed. (it's like 20 or below here at night) Cache is a clean boy though. He NEVER gets food on his clothes because he is horrible at chewing real food and he ALWAYS wears a bib when he eats. cache has 4 pairs of the long sleeve & pant pj's (the kind he wears underneath the fleece) and 4 fleece sleepers. it's plenty & it works. :) i'm all about less is more. esp. when it comes to my kid's clothes!!!

JLynn said...

oh and i forgot to add that i ALWAYS buy a size up in his sleepers! like his fleece ones are 12m size and he's been wearing them to bed for at least 3 months i'd say and they're still kinda big!!!! i save alot of money by buying bigger pj's that way they last MONTHS longer!

The Gotzingers said...

She is so cute Anna!! Love the dress and her big adorable eyes!! :o)

The Blakes said...

I love that dress on her! I just bought winter pj's at The Children's Place. Initially, 3 pairs for $25 seemed to expensive, but I really couldn't find much cheaper so I caved in. At least they're cute!

Unknown said...

That is such a cute dress! I love it! Wal-mart had some really soft, warm pjs on the after Thanksgiving clearance fo $5. They might still be on sale, but if not they are $6.88. Still better than most places!