Other than wishing our spec home would sell and trying to control my fuming anger, here's what I've been up to lately...
I'm a little behind with work, so I taught Clara how to use my 10-key. Really, this was on the box and she pulled it onto her lap and started smacking the keys. I don't use this often and when I do, it's never on my lap. So what does this mean? Um, she's a genius.
Speaking of work, I got a new client and I think it's going to be great. It's just the transition that's been a bit of a problem. Today was their first payroll and I still hadn't talked to the prior accountant yesterday. How are some people okay with not returning phone calls? I don't get it. Anyway, I think I figured it out and now I just have to figure the rest of the Organization out alone!
Also this week Clara has been doing strange things. First, she took two wonderful two hour naps on Monday. Since then, she's been taking 30-40 minute naps and just SCREAMS. Plus, she's waking up super early. I'm about to go crazy. I'm hoping it's a phase, along with her sudden hatred of vegetables. Clara used to eat just about anything I fed her. Wednesday I believe it was, she was spitting it out and I just kept giving her more. She ended up eating some of it, but not without a fight and making some awfully hysterical faces and noises. Just see for yourself...




Wednesday night she was still being a stinker so I decided to go on a walk. But don't worry, I bundled her all up since I'm sure it was like 70 degrees outside.
Today was renewing for me. For part of my birthday present, my mom offered to help me 'organize' my house. I'm a perfectionist and part of that means I don't want to do something unless I can do it perfectly. It either needs to be done perfectly or I can't bring myself to do it at all. Obviously, I don't have hours on end to get my house the way I want it, so my mom came to my rescue. We rearranged our front room and cleaned the guest room which she insists I now call my office. I called it the front room and she says, "What did you say?!" Ha ha. Anyway, she's coming back to help with my room and the garage. It's hard because we have SO little storage in our house and what little we do have is being used. Plus, Jason likes to keep everything but doesn't like to help organize it, so we have a bunch of half-full boxes all over the place. My wise mother said to tell him he can keep everything and anything he wants... and we'll just stick it in the attic.
We took a little break to go to "Grandparent's Day" at Lily's and James' school. Kathryn and her girls came too. Since Lily doesn't have any living grandparents, we decided Kathryn or I could be the mom and my mom could be the Grandma. It's been YEARS since I ate cafeteria food. I was a little nervous, but the hamburger really had no flavor so no flavor is better than none!
Tonight I went to Nylene's to make these marshmallow roasters that we're going to have the Scouts make. It was really fun and I think they are going to turn out AWESOME. We'll see what they look though after they cook and are painted. Until then, I need to get back to thinking about working...

4 comments:
HAHA. Make sure you save some of those photos with the messy veggies all over her face.. I think we should blow up the first or second one and have a huge poster for her/my birthday party. I'm still laughing.
ps. She's a mini-accountant. Or wait, maybe she is mimicking me with my laptop?
this is one of my favorite posts! CLARA IS THE CUTEST EVER!!!! Talk about a food fight!~Looks like she put up a good fight and wasn't having her veggies! She has the brightest face, she just gleams with so much personality! I adore her! I love the pic of her in her stroller all bundled up for the 70 degree weather, but that is VERY cool for Mesa weather. :) Oh, and the pic of her with your 10 key is really darling! She wants to do what her momma does! She IS so smart!
Anna, my girls do the no appetite and bad naps thing when they will be getting in some new little teethies. I just love it when they are in these stages. I like to give them frozen fruits to naw on.
wow, with that first picture you'd think she was like an accountant's daughter or something like that.....
Post a Comment