Thursday night we went to a wedding reception for a couple in our ward. It was a small affair, but we enjoyed ourselves and the wondeful food. I was telling the bride that now that I've experienced certain things in life, I get so excited for others that have the same opportunity (marriage, having a baby, etc.) It also reminds me of my wedding day and how blissful it is to be a newlywed... and actually how blissful marriage can be (at times, ha ha) no matter how long you've been married. After that, we went to our very first Ugly Sweater Party. After attempting to find the best looking ulgy sweaters at Goodwill, I left empty handed after realizing the sweaters were almost as much as I pay for my "nice, non-ugly" sweaters. My mom watched Clara while we went to the reception so she loaned me a sweater and my dad loaned Jason one. I don't even know if someone got a picture of Jason in his because the party-pooper wouldn't wear it very long. We had fun at the party visiting with high school friends. Maybe someday we'll have everyone together, someday when everyone realizes Arizona is the happiest place on earth so they should move back. Thanks to Lindsay, Clara had her first Jello experience and LOVED it.
I'm pretty sure Tyler won for the sweater competition. What was better when he walked in, with the sweater, leash in hand (dog on lease, of course) with his very nicely dressed brother... Hmmm, if I didn't know any better I really would've had some speculations.
Lucky for him, Lisa showed up not too long after. And lucky for the rest of us Emily took charge and orchestrated a fun get together.

Today after I got some of my work done, I went and met my cousin Lisa and her little boy Travis for lunch at Wendy's. She's my only girl cousin on my dad's side and only one of three total cousins on his side. She's more my sister's age, but it doesn't stop us from having a good time. She brought Clara a birthday gift (some DARLING pj's, a sweet little outfit and wooden alphabet blocks... once again I wonder, why can't I ever seem to give the perfect gift?) and we just ate and talked, pretty much my two favorite things to do! Her little boy is at that age where he is so curious and asks every question imaginable and always has an answer for questions directed at him. I just love observing kids at that stage. You can just see the wheels turning in their heads. Hopefully it's not eight months until we see them again like the last stretch was!
So tonight, at 8:15pm... well, that's when Jason went to sleep. No jokes there. Seriously, you'd think he doesn't sleep at night. He went to bed kind of late last night, but not late enough to warrant going to bed at 8:15pm on a Friday night! How boring is that? He goes to bed a good hour or two before me most nights and I'm pretty sure I don't sleep in an hour or two more than he does, yet he ALWAYS seems to be tired. In his mind, it's because I stay home and sit around all day while he goes and works hard. That's funny, because I don't remember sitting around once today... even if I wasn't working as much as I do, I still wouldn't have time to sit around. Oh well, until he babysits for a full day or two, I don't think he'll understand. After he went to sleep I was going to read one of my new books, but I got a little carried away reading about different tax forms on the IRS' website. Who knew I could get wrapped up reading tax stuff like I can blogs... I want to take more tax classes. That's something that goes bye bye quickly if you don't stay up on it. Plus, there are always so many new laws and regulations, unless you are in that specific line of work, there's no way to keep up with the changes. Friday night at 8:15pm... husband asleep and wife reading various documents from the IRS. Anyone want to hang out with us next weekend?

4 comments:
gosh, who took the picture of your family? they sure dont kow how to take pictures since it is off center and all.....
fun party! as always, it was fun seeing you guys. see you at amys for new years?
hate to break it to ya, Anna...but, Disneyland has already been named the happiest place on earth. :) AND i know that for a fact IT IS, but i have to agree that arizona might come in with a tie i guess...because arizona has a part of my heart, my best friends, and i'm ALWAYS so happy to get to visit az, and my friends there are not mice and other fantasy characters. ha ha. :) i sometimes wish we did live in az. it would make it A TON easier to visit ALL the time! :) when i first saw that picture of tyler, i thought what a dork, and then i thought, yep some things never change. :) wish i could have been there at the party. thanks so much for calling me. curt and i need to schedule our various "trips" we are going to take in 2008. remember you are always welcome to come visit the co and stay with us. CONGRATS to Jason for passing his exam!!! what an accomplishment for him and your family! yay! clara's leggings are just too much, i bet you just get so tickled with laughter getting to dress her up so cute everyday! i know i want a girl, because i want a kid to dress in some frills too! and you are so interesting. you are my only friend who can get wrapped up in irs forms. i'm so glad you are you. :) ya, so what time should we stop by next weekend? ;)
I regret to inform you that your Ugly Sweater Party doesn't really even look like an Ugly Sweater Party. Go Emily for having an ACTUAL ugly sweater on... :)
I just went to Goodwill the other day and bought some cute vintage dresses, the coolest material ever, a scarf, a hand-sewn shirt, and a red belt...all for reallly cheap. Looks like you need to start thrifting with ME. I'm a pro.
Anyway Clara looked super cute in her leggings, which I knew she would.
I loved this party idea! So fun to catch up on your blog. Clara looked like she had a ball w/ her cake. Your "tower" cakes were adorable! Congrats to Jason and you make me laugh w/ your tax fedish:) Glad to see your holiday was great. And don't think you are the only couple not going out on the weekends, I can tottally relate!
Post a Comment