Saturday, December 8, 2007

Fire Sky

Tonight was Jason's work Christmas party. I was grateful, once again, for having my mom live so close. I am so glad I have someone that is very willing to watch Clara and I can trust that everything will be fine. I can just enjoy whatever I'm doing knowing Clara is safe AND happy! The party was at the Fire Sky Spa and Resort in Scottsdale and it was awesome! I absolutely loved this place. I kept taking pictures of everything because even their Christmas decorations were rad. I can't figure out why I was so in love with it, but I was. I will go back, that's for sure! As we were walking around taking pictures, I asked Jason if he wanted to take a picture by this deer head and he said if he takes a picture by any head, it needed to glow, so we found the glowing heads and I got my picture.

It was funny because right when we walked in, it smelled SO much like alcohol and I realized I don't think I've been around that smell since I quit my last job. Don't ask why, but it seemed like I was frequently exposed to the smell in my last "life". We had a delicious dinner (salad, rolls, chicken, ham, beef (cut right off a huge chunk of cow), potatoes, green beans, tortelinni and yummy desserts). I got the chocolate cake and it had like a ganache frosting that was so good. I love free food, especially when it's this good! Seriously, it was good food.
After the dinner they had a Casino Night. It's the third time his company has done this. We had fun playing Black Jack, but didn't win anything with our tickets. Oh well, I didn't mind because the highlight of my evening of gambling was when I had 17 dealt to me at the Black Jack table and I told the dealer I wanted to hit, so he did, and it was a 4. At that point, the sweet old lady (65ish?) next to me said, "You must has a horseshoe up your butt." I about died laughing. Ha!

It was so fun to go on a real (and free!) date with Jason since that part of our life has pretty much been nonexistent as of late. I miss dating, funny how that has slowly disappeared over the last few years... Yeah for grandmas to babysit and employers for throwing fun parties!

4 comments:

JLynn said...

you got some really cute pictures! fun date...sounds like they had the kind of free food i would have enjoyed too! esp. the dessert! you guys deserved such a wonderful night out together. you both work so hard. i wish i could have the same kind of babysitter you have.

Lindsay said...

Hooray for a good excuse to get a little dressed up and go out! Sounds like you had a great night!

angela hardison said...

Wait, why don't I own a glowing deer head?????

JLynn said...

anna, i'm ready for a new post. :) you must be very busy! oh, and I forgot to get back to you about the counter, it tracks the cities where people have been viewing my blog. I think it's pretty cool, b/c now I can see where my blog stalkers are coming from! :)