Thursday, December 6, 2007

At Least I Tried!

Remember how I said Clara likes to keep the nipple in and crawl around with it (and yes, I let her empty the cupboard onto the kitchen floor... that's how they learn!)
Just now I was trying to be a dedicated employee and work and the website I need timed out. It won't let me sign back on. That's awesome, I get the motivation to work and I have a road block. As Jason always says, "Why put off today what you can do tomorrow?" But hey, at least I did try. About as hard as I tried to get Clara to smile in this picture... hmmm, today I apparently had a few failures!I forgot to mention I got my Christmas tree put up (after 3+ hours!) I'm pretty happy with how it looks. It's probably not the exact shape I'd pick out, but for $5 at a garage sale I don't think it could be better. I still need to floof some of the branches, but until I have more spare time, I think it looks great. Now I know why my mom always made us help put up the tree. It's a pain to make the branches look good with no help... or "reverse" help aka CLARA. :)Clara isn't as fascinated with the lights or the tree as I thought she'd be, just the ornaments, especially the glittery snowflakes. Little does she know I can always tell when she sucks on one because her tiny little mouth has a tiny little glitter border. Look at the innocent reassurance in her eyes, "I won't touch it mom, don't worry."
Some of my favorite ornaments...
In my Christmas box I found a bag of smashed bows. Clara loves them. She will put as many as she can in one hand and tote them everywhere she goes. And I occassionally stick them to her head so they go everywhere she goes without her having to do any work. My favorite Christmas gift from last year!
Today was busy busy. The lender called saying there were a few more things I needed for the loan to finalize, one being signatures. So I dropped everything and drove to ASU and got Jason to sign some papers just before his final, fed Clara at my mom's, went to Ryan and Kathryn's and then went to KS. This afternoon I made fry bread for the Pack Meeting (that I didn't go to). It wasn't until I was in the car on my way to Lily's orchestra concert that I realized I wreaked of frying oil. Of course that's all I smelled the rest of the night! I love Elementary School concerts. During this one, I couldn't help but consider how incredibly patient, understanding and easy going an Elementary School music teacher must be. I could never! After the concert, we enjoyed "Supper with Santa". Nothing beats cold pizza and warm soda. Too bad Santa didn't grace us with his presence until long after everyone was through eating. As we were walking to our cars, James was "flying" Clara all around and she LOVED it. She had this huge grin on her face the whole time. Even when I put her in her seat she was giggling and smiling. I really enjoy watching my little brothers play with her and knowing she is loved by oh so many people. I'm sure she gets sick of Jason and me so it's good to mix things up!Then, I went to a baby shower. I get so excited when I go to showers for first time moms. I just think there is nothing more joyous than a sweet little baby and experiencing that for the first time is such a happy time. Oh the memories. After that I came home and my good friends came to visis. Okay, so maybe it was just ONE friend (Beka) but she is a very good friend, so I think that counts as two. She always knows when I need a boost (the friend and sugar kind); I must start to get really negative on my blog or during phone conversations. It was fun to visit and eat the cookies she brought and I enjoyed chatting far more than I would have enjoyed working!

4 comments:

JLynn said...

at least your busy days sound pretty full of FUN! i would have loved to have tried your fried bread and ate cookies with you and bek...some other time! :) You dress Clara so cute! I love her black shirt, bow and cute pink shoes outfit! so cute! i love your tree and ornaments too! i have some sparkly silver ones that are kinda similar. you can see them behind Cache and his motorcycle pics! Glad the little package added some extra cheer to your day!

The Gotzingers said...

Fun Fun!! Aren't kids at that age just the best!?!? LOL!! She's a doll. Glad you take all these pictures to show her when she gets older.... hey look what you used to do and so on. Those are the best. :o)

mad white woman said...

amy gotzinger, what is your blog address?!?! i can't find you anywhere and you keep leaving comments on my blog... thanks for finding me but i want to see what you're up to too! :)

Miller Family said...

Your tree looks great! I can't believe you picked it up for only $5!! Amazing! Even though Clara doesn't smile she still takes a super cute picture! Don't you love the faces they make when they know they aren't supposed to be touching stuff...like the ornaments! It's too funny!