skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Celebration
On Saturday, Angela's birthday, we celebrated her and Clara's birthdays. We had our little party at my mom's and got an 8-foot sub for lunch. Man, that thing was BIG!
I spent way too long decorating my cupcakes but enjoyed every second of it. Perhaps that is really what my calling in life is. I was proud of them and even more proud when Angela noticed the little designs are to match the "flowers" that Angela put on the invitations.
We ate inside but migrated out front for the cake. I found this lady that bakes cakes in cans (see her book here) and using that idea, decided to make Clara and Angela mini cakes. I think they turned out totally adorable and look forward to the next excuse to make one. Clara's was more than once referred to as the leaning tower of Pisa, but it survived, even after she picked at it for several minutes. After we sang, I enjoyed watching Angela pick at her cake in front of everyone right along side Clara.
Clara was hilarious. She began by, oh so inncocently, pinching little bits of frosting off and eating it. She really liked the frosting.
She picked and picked and from the spectator's point of view, she hadn't done much, but from her view, you can see she was getting plenty to eat.
We turned the cake so she had a fresh slate of frosting to pick at and that's when the real fun began.
She stopped being ladylike and started grabbing fistfuls of frosting AND cake. She LOVED it and was having a great time. When she had a mouthful, she still enjoyed the feeling of squishing cake and frosting through her little fingers.
She was more than happy to share with anyone that wanted a taste.
Lucy was a very loyal cousin and stayed by her side for quite some time making sure Clara was getting enough to eat and that what she was eating, did, in fact, taste okay.

Once there were no obviously large chunks of cake left on the plate, Clara tipped the plate and shook it. And then, she began licking and chewing on the plate. I guess I shouldn't lick my plate clean in front of her anymore... I didn't realize she'd copy me. Seriously, I've never done this and neither has Jason. It's interesting to see things that they figure out on their own, just using their common sense.
Now this is a very satsified little baby. I'm sure she can hardly wait until her birthday next year. Little does she know her cake and frosting intake will be moderated for birthday #2!
I totally forgot to bring an extra change of clothes, so Clara opened presents in her diaper. She got some fun toys and cute clothes. She was good and had a really fun day. Thanks to everyone that came and helped us celebrate her and Angela's birthdays. Thanks to my mom for letting us use her home... AGAIN (someday we'll have either a bigger home or a landscaped backyard to accomodate larger crowds) and for all the fun stuff she got. Clara is so blessed to be so loved and I'm so blessed to be her mom!

2 comments:
oh anna, she is so precious. what a gem she is. i LOVED her "b-day cake" pictures. :) thanks so much for sharing them. they are priceless. looks like she enjoyed the cake down to every last morsel. i LOVE her licking the foil plate in her face! clara is one of a kind, and I have to tell you... i want a little girl just like her someday! :) i also have to compliment you and your cute short hair again. i just LOVE it! LOVE your cupcakes as well. ohhh, just LOVE it all! Have a Very Merry Christmas!
me again. :) glad you liked the cocoa. later i saw a bigger thing of that kind and thought dang it, if i would've known, i would have sent you more!
well, too bad you didn't have one of my chocolate peppermint cupcakes to go with your chocolate peppermint cocoa! OVERLOAD!:) i would have loved to share... if only we just lived down the block from each other!
Merry Christmas, Anna! Hope you had a wonderful holiday with your fam! love ya!
Post a Comment