Saturday, October 6, 2007

Birthday Boy

Today is Jason's 29th birthday, man that's old, or should I say, that's an old man... Either way, Happy Birthday! I'm pretty sure that means next year he'll be THIRTY. That just seems old, eventhough he says he still feels like he's 18 (I believe him since I feel about that old myself...). Birthdays are fun, even when you're poor. Last night we went out to eat while my mom watched Clara. We had a $25 Chili's giftcard and Jason's choice was On The Boarder. The food was, eh, but it was so fun to go out alone to dinner. We obviously don't get out much because I kept taking pictures like going out to dinner was a first. I told Jason if he would take me out to dinner more, maybe I wouldn't act that way. Of course a birthday celebration isn't complete without the obnoxiously loud birthday song from the wait staff. HA! We discovered it's even more embarassing when it's just two adults that get sung to, no kids, no friends... we laughed. :) Or rather I laughed out how uncomfortable it made Jason.

Afterwards, I was planning on going to a movie at the new IMAX theater, but I asked Jason what he wanted to do and he said he wanted to stop. He's been so busy with life that he's always going. So stop we did... no homework... no work... just us... We watched The Prestige BUT not before we built a sweet place to watch it from. Our couches are SO uncomfy when we both try to lay on them and we don't have a TV in our room. We considered the air mattress, but instead set up our chair with our 'ottoman' and it worked great. I actually stayed awake through the movie. I love cuddling and watching movies. :) I didn't like this movie as much as The Illusionist... too much to the plot that it makes it somewhat ridiculous and I didn't like the greusomeness. But, I did enjoy watching a movie with Jason and neither of us worked or did homework. This morning we opened presents and sang since it was the only time Clara would be awake when Jason was home. Yes, even poor people get presents for their birthdays. Jason about to blow out his candles. Three? Well, he's 29 and 2+9=11 and 1+1=2 and then there is an extra one because I love him (everything I do has a reason...)Jason was THRILLED to get another box of candy... :) I got them for the movie, but we ate too much dessert at dinner... He wanted a cot now that he'll be camping monthly, but I couldn't find him one. So I bought some DOTS and told him when he had more time, we'd go look at COTS. Ha ha.I love my OLD hubby and am glad I married someone I can always have fun with... because when you are poor, that makes all the difference in the world. :)

4 comments:

JLynn said...

Happy Birthday, Jason!!! You are old...but not as old as you'll be next year!!! Looks like you guys had fun! Glad you did!!! :)

Miller Family said...

Happy Birthday to Jason! Dinner dates are the best...especially without the baby! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Rhiannon said...

Happy Birthday Jason. That is to funny about your guys date. I know how you feel. I'm turning 29 this year and I don't feel old enough to be doing that. I'm still 18 inside.

Bekah: said...

happy birthday! sounds like a perfect way to spend a birthday together! clara is so adorable, she keeps getting cuter and cuter!!!