Sunday, September 30, 2007
Daddy-O
Today (well, now that it's past midnight, yesterday) is my dad's birthday. A few things I love about my dad include: how he let me get my way by crying :), being interested in my life (especially boys), encouraging me not to settle for less than the best (whether it came to boys, grades, college, etc.), teaching me how to be a hard-working business-oriented person, getting emotional when he bears his testimony, bragging about me all the time (not always true, but it sure made me feel good!), his 'jokes' (almost everything he says is a joke and sometimes they aren't so funny), he knows everything, really, just go talk to him if you don't believe me or play Trivial Pursuit with him, "walking" up him and flipping backwards, dancing on his feet, popping his back, popping my back or toes or anything he could do before my mom caught him, taking me in the room to spank me if I got in trouble and not having the heart to hurt his little girl so he would hit the belt on the bed and tell me to scream so my mom thought I was getting punished, taking me to work with him, telling the story of Wally on Christmas Eve EVERY year for as long as I can remember (this could be my favorite... it's not Christmas Eve without Wally), helping me toughen up from teasing me and of course, making me feel like I'm his favorite daughter (even though I'm pretty sure he likes Angela the best because she's most like him). I'm sure there are many more, but I can't give all the secrets away, otherwise I wouldn't have anything for next year!! :) I love my dad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment