Sunday, August 12, 2007

Senior Citizen Alert

My lovely mother turned FIFTY-FIVE today and she made sure to tell us all that today is the day she became a Senior Citizen. Now we'll be sure to take her with us to get all the sweet senior citizen discounts. We had a little get together at Ryan and Kathryn's so my mom didn't have to cook or clean. My camera isn't that bad, this is right after the candles got blown out and my mom is teaching Elsa where the fire went (she's always teaching her grandkids). On a more serious note, I love my mom to death and think she is absolutely wonderful. She is the most selfless person I have ever known and lives to serve. Many people don't know that in addition to her NINE kids she birthed, she helped raise four of her sister's kids. I often wonder how she has enough love and energy to make all her kids feel like they are her favorite and treat her nine grandkids like they are the first (like she did towards Clara). I never worry when she babysits and she is always willing to do so. Well, she's not just willing, she's THRILLED to do so. My mom is a great example to me and a very sweet woman. So much of what I am is because of my mom and I have loved the opportunity to spend more time with her now that I am not working so much. And don't tell her I put pictures of her on here, she will be SO embarassed (she hates pictures of herself and always tries to hold a grandkid in the event a picture is taken of her). I just told her I wanted a picture with a Senior Citizen, that's all. :) Happy Birthday Mom! I love you.

2 comments:

Maren said...

she works at the target on power and ray. thats sad! i think she is married too? she had a ring on that looked like a wedding ring.

angela hardison said...

anna, i have the pictures from when i scanned tons of them for her mother's day DVD two years ago. you should see the ones where she is wearing a dress and it totally comes above her knees :)