Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Caught!
I am sure all of you have had one of those moments, no matter how good of a kid you are/were, where you were trying to do something sneakily to avoid your parents. Like when I fell asleep at Jason's until 5am and didn't want to run into my mom when I got home (of course I did) or when Beka first got her cell phone and was hiding under her covers talking to me at night so her mom wouldn't catch her (of course she did). Or there was the time when I snuck out (we were sleeping on the trampoline, so did we really 'sneak'?) with my cousin and just after we met up with some boys, one of their dad's found us. Hmmm, maybe I was a bad kid? Anyway, we all know what it feels like when we do get caught, which I experienced last night for the first time in a LONG time. You see, Jason and I have created a nightly ritual that has been going strong for the last few weeks. Right before we go to bed, we go 'check' on Clara. We both like to watch her sleep and talk about how cute she is, so we wait until the other one is ready to go. Last night, we were doing just that, admiring her over her crib, when Clara started tossing around. Then, Jason hit something and her head shot straight up (the way it does when I say she looks like a prairie dog :)). Instantly, Jason and I both dropped to the floor so she couldn't see us. We were down there for three or four minutes trying so hard not to burst out in laughter because we knew she was awake. Somehow she quickly found her pacifier, laid her head back down and had her back towards us so we made our escape without her seeing us. Isn't that great, Jason and I acting like kids... but not only that, hiding FROM our kid. HA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That is funny. You are lucky my kids would have smelled me or something and knew I was in there.
i wish couldve seen that drop to the floor....we like to do that to right before we go to bed go look at them sleeping so sweetly, its scary when all of a sudden their eyes open or they move:) and you werent supposed to tell anyone...:)
hey anna. i stumbled on your blog through shawna's, it was fun to run into it and see what you guys are up to. so crazy, i didn't even know you and jason got married! clara is an abseloute doll! what a cute family you have! hope you don't mind if i visit your blog again- you are very entertaining!
So hilarious!!! I've had to do the duck and hide thing before too! LOL!
Post a Comment