Jason worked late Friday night so after I dropped Jen off at a wedding reception, I took Jason and his co-worker dinner. This was Clara's first visit to daddy at work. She was pretty fascinated with all of the new stuff. Please note the crud on the cubicle in this picture. This is not supposed to be there... Jason created a 'shade' to block the light so he can see his screen better. It's pretty white trash, but he swears it makes a difference.
I went and got Jen around 9pm after I visited my mom and fed Clara. Well, Miss Clara was very sleepy and I happened to forget her pacifier. She doesn't get it except for nap time, night time and if we are somewhere and she can't take a nap and it's nap time. Anyway, I thought she'd be fine, but obviously I don't know much, because she wasn't. Jen, the prepared mother, had an extra one. It's not the kind Clara uses and it's blue, but it didn't take long for her to fall asleep after we gave it to her.
Saturday was a little less stressful. Beka came over for lunch and then Jen treated us to Cold Stone. She wasn't real impressed and I do have to say I am so bummed my boysenberry flavor is no more. I just loved how it was tart. I got heath bar which was WAY too rich for me. We had fun taking pictures of ourselves in the mirrors... it was way too entertaining.

That night we went to the temple for Ward Temple night and then went to the social after. I love our ward. I heard a little rumor that our ward was getting split...
In Church Sunday, our Bishop read a letter from the Stake President saying our ward boundaries are going to be significantly changed and they are creating two new wards. I am SO sad because I love our ward. Plus, it doesn't help that they left a whole week for us to guess what the new boundaries are going to be! Oh the anxiety. After Church, I made sure to get a picture with lovely little Jen. Maybe taking pictures with her made me feel not as guilty for being such a lousy host.
Jason was taking a picture of Jen, Cache and I and Cache kept looking over his shoulder at the camera. He's quite the flirt! Before we went to my mom's for dinner, we took Jen to the airport.
Sunday we went to my mom's as usual. She has one of these little hide-a-bed couches for kids. One time she babysat Clara and this is where Clara took her nap. She sits up really well when she has something holding her up!
Okay, I was so entertained Sunday watching chaos. The Levies are back in town and their little girl is just a few months younger than the twins. With the four babies and the pile of toys, I couldn't help but take a picture. It was just a zoo.
Then things got really exciting when three older kids started fighting. For some reason they all wanted the booster seats and the tray that goes on top. The twins went back and forth for a little bit and then Adelyn felt the need to join in. Lucy was the most upset so Kathryn picked her up and I said, "Wait! I need to get a picture!" So Kathryn was a good sport and put her back down for a picture... HA! Sometimes my reactions to kids actions is so immature. I am hoping that one corrects itself before my kids are older.
On Monday, I had SO much to do for work. Clara is good at playing on the floor but she can't resist crawling into the kitchen. We had our first choking episode Friday night (while I was fixing dinner she found the top of an otter pop and tried to eat it and I noticed her choking on something. I patted her back and she proceded to PUKE and in her throw up I dug out the culprit). Anyway, so now I am really worried to let her be near the kitchen alone because who knows what other surprises are hiding waiting for her to find them. I, being a somewhat intelligent person, decided to block off the gap between our two couches into the kitchen with the exersaucer. Yeah, that worked real well. Clara crawled right in! This is the first time she's done this in our exersaucre. I suppose it could be because it was in the way and the Cheerios she dropped in the bottom helped lure her in.
Oh and yes, the wee one has decided to crawl into things now. She's just so curious about everything.
Today I went into my old office to deliver stuff to the tax people for my client. That was a big relief and now I don't feel like working on his stuff... even though I have lots of catching up to do for 2007 now that I haven't done anything but pre-2007 for the last month or so. It is always fun to see everyone. I just can't stay away from that place, especially because I love knowing I don't work there anymore. :) It really was a good place to work and I got along with just about everyone I worked with (maybe one exception... ha ha if you worked with me!). However, since having Clara I have realized the meaning of JOY and it's not in a career! One smile from Clara is far more satisfying than issuing a set of financial statements. It's really hard to explain and I probably wouldn't have understood if I didn't have kids of my own. I was talking to our scheduler and put Clara on the floor to crawl around and our Department Head came over... woops! I told him I get into trouble even when I don't work there! It is certainly a professional place and I feel SO awkward everytime I am in there with Clara. I never saw kids there when I worked unless someone's wife had a baby they'd bring them in, but I think that only happened once. But like I told Chuck (the Department Head), I am trying to change that. :) Before I went into the office, I went to lunch with a few of my good friends and ex-co-workers. I certainly miss seeing them on a regular basis, but it's always fun to catch up. And what do you know, I'm exhausted from working too much yesterday and now I just want to do nothing... bad idea... and I'm too tired to read this novel I've written to make sure it makes sense.
Sneak preview: Next entry will be The Adventures of Lot 42

3 comments:
how do i make that pic smaller? i dont have another email account. could you make them smaller? my cousin said the people contacted her last night and said there were updated pics but it was the same one you have. they also said they will be updating pics in the next 2 weeks or so when the flooring is done.
hey anna. thanks for sending that stuff. scott was going thru the eamils and looked at it and loves the house! he said, lets sell everything we own and go buy that house. haha. not sure about my cousins timeline though. her hubby graduated from law school and is looking for a job. she said he is interviewing in salt lake but they dont know where he will get a job. i forwarded all the info though. i want to see updated pics when you get back.
it was soooooooo NOT cold stone, Anna!
Post a Comment