Friday, August 24, 2007

Oh GEEZE!

People do stupid things. Some people do really stupid things. Even smart people do really stupid things. Right? Let's, however, start just before this stupid thing was realized. I was at the end and had tied a knot to hang on. It seemed everything was going wrong and the harder I tried to make anything right and to be positive, something else would happen. On Wednesday, just before I left to go to Scouts (that's right, I'm the new Wolf Assistant), I decided I better check what time my flight was leaving so I could let Jason know exactly when we needed to go to the airport. And that, my friends, is about the time I lost it. My flight was scheduled to leave Salt Lake at 915pm and arrive in Phoenix at 955pm. Hmmm, last time I checked, I live in Phoenix... In even more plain language: the flight was reversed. I have changed my flight times before, so I figured this would be the same process. Call, change, pay $10, life would be good. So I called and the lady says, "Okay, Anna, we'll change it and it will be $160". What? My entire round-trip ticket was $158. Unfortunately, our money tree is dead and I was so happy I got such a smoking deal on my ticket, so I couldn't handle hearing this. To pay what I had already paid to fix this error was a joke. The woman on the phone 'kindly' told me not to cry and said she'd talk to her manager... Oh how sweet, she said they would only charge me $128. My phone cut out right after that and off to scouts I went. We took the little cubbies bowling where I called SWA back and the new woman said she'd change it for $108. Well, I didn't exactly have time to negotiate, so I told her it was unfair and I would debate it later.

Seriously, I had paid for the ticket at a cheap fare, so I think it should have been honored even if the flight was reversed. Plus, you shouldn't have to negotiate... why did the price keep getting cheaper... and it cost them no more money than if it had been booked right in the first place... and flat out, I was so upset. I'm pretty sure this is the DUMBEST thing I have ever done. Who does this? What could be more dumb than this? I'm not sure if I am more mad at the fact that I did something so stupid or that is cost me $108. I still would like to think it wasn't my fault, but when you buy stuff online, there's not much room to argue. Regardless, SWA will get a pleasant letter from me and I called Rachel and let her know I would be coming in at 1155pm, not 955pm...

Now that I'm in Utah and all that's behind me (until I have to reconcile the credit card payment), I am having a pretty good time. Quick (for me) recap of what has been going on:

Thursday: Tired (Rachel, Don and I sat up visiting until 5am, a very responsible decision), little shopping for a wedding gift and out to dinner with Tyler, Rob, Heather (Rob's fiance at the time, wife now) and Rob's family. We went to the Red Iguana and I wasn't impressed. In fact, my food was gross. The chips and salsa was good, but that's about it. I'm just glad I didn't pay much for bad food. I love my friends from high school. It's too bad more of them weren't able to come, but really, situations like this always make me ponder on how lucky I was to have such nice, thoughtful friends that were such a good influence. There are some pretty fun stories about Rob. The "Dare me to..." stories are great, but I think one of my best memories of Rob was when a group of us went and watched a movie. It was PG-13 but certainly wasn't wholesome and we really should have left. When we got out of the theater, we were discussing how it was bad and we shouldn't have watched it and Rob says, "I just want to go to service." HA! such a good kid. Rob's brothers are hilarious and they all loved Clara. Steve got to sit next to her and kept playing with her.Friday: Scott and Tyler picked me up at 800am for the wedding. I just love sealings and I nearly teared up but it was a really short one. It made me miss Jason... I miss him anyways, but especially when you see two people in love.Rachel watched Clara for me and brought her to the Temple so I could feed her. I told Rachel I have sisters in the best places: Utah and California. That way I am always covered! Then we went to Trolley Square for the luncheon at the Old Spaghetti Factory. It was a lot of fun to visit more and again, Rachel took Clara in the stroller with Lucas (ha! it's not a double stroller, but functions like one). I took a picture with Tyler's camera, so hopefully I get it someday. After the luncheon, Tyler came back to Rachel's and pretty much slept. Rachel's kids love Clara. Emma just had to read to her and loves to squeeze her eyes shut for pictures.Then we went to the reception... wow, it was a treck. It took an hour and fifteen minutes to get there from Rachel's. Everyone told me Clara is the cutest baby ever. I might just have to agree...The photographer kept taking pictures of her and was saying how cute she is. He got a sweet picture of her and hopefully will e-mail it to me. Towards the end of the evening, Scott gave Clara this paper to enjoy. It was better than Steve shoving his finger in her mouth the night before... :)It's always a happy day when two good people get married. Being in love is so fun. I just wish Jason was here. Really, going to weddings and receptions makes it worse. Oh, and Heather's parents thought Tyler and I were married, so I set them straight. You can't really blame them because we did show up to the wedding, the luncheon and the reception together. Fun times, however, I am looking forward to a more relaxed weekend.

8 comments:

Beka said...

oh man anna! i'm sorry! I cant believe that abt the flight, but i can see myself doing that too! so dont worry. Those pics made me SO sad i missed his wedding, i hope you told him i was sorry! When are the coming down here do you know?? Thats awesome the photog. got some cute pics of her! She's such a cutie.

angela hardison said...

How sad! And I thought I was the only one without common sense. Just kidding :)

I wish I was in Utah with Rachel and her kids! Tell them hello and I love & miss them all...

Emily Widdison said...

Ya, I guess I am so out of the loop. I knew he had a girl friend but I must have missed that they were engaged! Congrats Robbie wherever you are! VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL girlfriend, fiance, and WIFE! I will have to get mad at him next time I see him, but for now I am soo happy for him. Thanks for posting some pictures! They look incredibly happy of course.
As for "doing something fun" in a picture--lessons are free but only for you. I have practiced the tongue shot a million times, I am a pro.

Emily Widdison said...

So, how do you think we talk Tyler/Lisa and Rob/Heather into getting a blog?

Miller Family said...

What a mess!!! I'm glad you made it to Utah in the end and I'm sorry you had to go through all that craziness! I would have died!

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure that orange wall is fake.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your trip was fun! Dont worry about the mistake, I swear we loose brain cells with each child! Sorry you miss your hubby, I know the feeling!

Maren said...

im sorry to laugh at you but that story was way too funny. are you a natural blonde? just kidding. thanks for the laugh though.