Thursday, August 16, 2007

In Honor Of...

Kathryn Melzer. That's right Kathryn, this one's for you so you know it's okay to be "true" to reality, even on a blog. I told Jason how I get annoyed because on blogs, everyone's lives are perfect, which I am sure is contrary to reality. I, on the other hand, enjoy sharing my real feelings and am not afraid to share most of my life. I'm a pretty transparent person. I do have reservation when it comes to my very personal and spiritual emotions; that's what 'thoughts and feelings' are for. I think my blog has helped me to capture memories better and I am glad that I have less of those, "I wish I had my camera" moments. Plus, I think how much I would have enjoyed seeing and reading about different happenings in my life growing up. However, here are some pictures to make you feel better...

First, my "office" or rather what our front room has become since I'm working way past my bedtime all the time. Until I get caught up on this guy's books, this is what this room will continue to look like. If you look closely, you'll see a box of graham crackers, a little bowl of chocolate chips and the bowl on my 'table' (aka piano bench) that used to be full of Chex mix. And here you have me, almost one in the morning with no make up on... oh wait, I hardly ever wear make up.Here's a picture of my frying pan I cooked CHEESE CRISPS in for dinner. I love to cook, but I don't always cook good meals. Tonight, I was too exhausted to think of anything, let alone cook it. And don't pretend you don't see my dirty stove!And instead of doing my dishes, I had to get to work... so my dishes will wait until tomorrow.I took this picture earlier because I was touching the fan with my feet. Ha ha, actually, the fan was on and I was amused with the fact that I could take a picture of a spinning fan and it wasn't blury and it looked as if it was still. But look close and you'll see months of dust on there. Our fans are always on so I never think to clean them because when they are on, you can't see the dust!
Are these signs of failure? Nope, just signs of a busy life, even if what kept us busy was being a mom or enjoying life. If there is anyone out there that hasn't had a mess in their house or left dishes in the sink or had cheese crisps for dinner, then they are plain BORING and that's all there is to it. And when all is said and done, what matters most is who has the cutest kids. Just kidding, but look how CUTE clara is, even with peas all over her face!

4 comments:

morgan larsen said...

anna! it was so great to hear from you! I think blogging is one of the best inventions ever. you can learn all about the little things in other people's lives, things you would prob never talk about over the phone. the only thing i worry is that it takes the place of actually talking to people over the phone or visiting in person but so often you never get around to that so at least you can blog! anyway... things are going well! Jamie finishes his mba in June and I am still working at EY. I am actually in training this week so I am listening very closely while reading your blog :) It was funny you mentioned getting in contact, I have thought the same thing but haven't done anything about it either! Clara is adorable! I am adding you as a link on my blog, now we can definitely stay more in touch! If you and Jason ever want to vacate in Chicago we would love to host!

Lindsay said...

I'm just laughing that that's ALL the dirty dishes in your sink!!! My sink is usually ten times as full by the end of the day and they usually sit over night because I am too exhausted to do them after dinner! We have the same issue with our ceiling fans too. I never notice how dirty they are because we never turn them off! Love the smiley Clara with peas on her mouth! :)

Jen & Blake said...

Anna, oh I loved this blog! Isn't that the truth:) I loved your honestly, because that is excatly what happens when you are a mom or working or both! And your Clara is just so adorable:) I could just squeeze her!

Rhiannon said...

Anna, you are so real and I love that. Thanks for sharing your photos. That is how I feel almost everyday. I wish I could have the energy to get up and clean my house, do laundry and dishes. But um no. My kitchen floor is in dire need of sweep and I really don't care.