Friday, August 17, 2007

Wake Clara up early, that's a great idea!

This morning Jason was begging me to let him go wake Clara up. Um, excuse me? Are you serious? He worked late last night and didn't get to see her except when we went to look at her sleeping... At which point I crumbled and gave into temptation. I couldn't resist, I picked the little sleeping baby up, hugged her (she, of course, woke up) and then when I tried to give her her pacifier as I laid her back down, she whipped her head back, arched her back, grunted and was fast asleep. See, I kept putting myself in the situation and eventually I caved in... Anyway, so I didn't want Jason to get Clara because if she sees me, she wants to eat and will cry like she's dying if she doesn't get to. I agreed he could get Clara if he quietly went by her door and if she was already awake. Conveniently she was awake so he got his hug before he was off to work. In the beginning Clara didn't like him all that much. I think it's because there were times she would never see him and he didn't go on trips with us. Now, that he sees her every day and we've been on a few vacations together, she gets excited to see him. When she hears him unlock the door and open the laundry room door, her head whips so she can see him the second he's visible. Then, she normally gets REALLY excited when he comes to pick her up or take her from me.Also, last weekend we watched the new Superman movie... fifteen minutes into which I intelligently proclaimed, "Oh, this is Superman, not Spiderman." :) You see, when Jason said what we were watching, I assumed it to be Spiderman III, as I had totally forgotten about the 'new' Superman movie. I kept thinking, they sure created a weird feeling for when his grandma died (the woman Lex Luthor got money from) and wow, she doesn't look much like she did in the other movies (Lois Lane)... and then it dawned on me. I don't think Jason really liked the movie, but he kept commenting on Superman's jerry curl. The other day when I was feeding Clara, she decided to smear her food in her hair (thankfully, this was a first, and hasn't happened since) and I wiped it out with a wet towel and decided Jason would be really excited if Clara had a jerry curl just like Superman's. I kept trying to make it look better... the problem was the better it looked, the more upset Clara got (can't imagine why).

PS I I would much rather meet Superman than Spiderman...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Anna, your little girl is so adorable!! It's good to hear from you and see your cute family!!