Sunday, July 15, 2007

Thursday the 12th

For the last few weeks, I have been thinking I need to take Clara somewhere to get professional pictures. I decided to take her to JC Penney's to try it out since they are so cheap. Well, I'm pretty sure I can get Clara to smile for the camera at home just about whenever I want to so I fed her and took her to the mall. Imagine that, she did not smile at all for the 45 minutes they tried to take her pictures... NOT ONCE! She was deathly afraid of everything and was not about to crack a smile. Plus, it didn't help that the room was about 87 degrees from the lights. I don't sweat much (mostly just when I've been working out for a while at the gym) and when I left that studio room, the bottom half of my hair was DRENCHED. It was gross, I couldn't work there. I still got suckered into buying some of the pictures because let's face it, she's cute even when she's not smiling. Plus, with a coupon, it's not that much more than having pictures printed at Costco and these pictures were already taken. Next time, I think I'll have Ryan set up a "studio" at his house and I would bet the chances of getting her to smile there are MUCH greater. While I was waiting for them to upload the pictures, I did a little shopping. The girl that helped me out at The Children's Place was named Elsa (my one year old niece). I have never heard of anyone with that name, so it was interesting. When we got home from the mall, I put Clara on the floor and took a picture and this is the first picture I got... my sweet smile. Too bad it was like three hours late! And yes, the bigger the better... ;)That night we went bowling with Beka and Danny and a friend of theirs for Danny's birthday. We brought Danny some pound cake with colored toothpicks for candles (2 in one piece and 5 in another = 25 years old). It was quite fun. Angela babysat Clara for us, which was fantastic. We haven't been bowling in 3 1/2 years. Apparently I look like a fool when I bowl because Jason took FOUR videos of me bowling and every time I'd throw my ball down and turn around, the whole group was laughing at me. Even looking at the videos I still haven't figured out what is so funny. What I thought was funny was the g-monies that were on the lane next to us. I didn't realize they were bowling next to us and thought they were done and putting there balls on our thing (what is that called that holds the balls??) so I said, "Um, we don't want all your balls." I got some dirty looks and my group was laughing at me and told me what was going on. I apologized, gave them a sweet smile and went on bowling. We took some pictures of them , but I just decided I didn't want to post them on here because what if someone they know sees it, they get mad and come find me? On Friday I was more sore from bowling than I have been from going to the gym in the last few months. HA! It seems like everytime we hang out with Beka and Danny we laugh a lot. In our third game (yes, Jason decided we needed to play three games), Danny was bowling very well. Every time he got a spare, he'd come over and go around the circle and give us all a high-five. Every time he got a strike, he'd do the same thing but with both hands. It was hilarious and got funnier each time.

4 comments:

JLynn said...

cute bowling pictures and glad you guys all had a ball! ;) But what are g-monies, I don't get that part?

Lindsay said...

Stinker Clara!! :) I'm attempting Gavin's 18 month pics at Sears on Wednesday!!

And how fun to go bowling with Danny & Beka! It looks like you guys had a blast!

Beka said...

you can add those pics on our cd of pics!! you got some good ones!

Unknown said...

Hey Anna! when I took Brynlie to get pictures she did the exact same thing! NO SMILES... just dead serious the whole time! SO wierd! Of couse they will smile any other time! Pictures are just so stressful. I have given up on professional pictures also. Maybe I will try again when she turns 1!
Clara is so cute!