Tuesday, July 10, 2007

3rd Time's a Charm... or is it?

Yesterday was Clara's 3rd go at rice cereal. I have been mixing it with breast milk from the get go, but she still didn't love it. I think I got it a little too thick and the look of disgust on her face when it stuck to the roof of her mouth was grand. Once I thinned it out a bit, she seemed to really enjoy it. And then there was today. I don't think she ate ANY of it this morning. Oh well, at least it's entertaining to watch her try. She does love to suck on her bib and the spoon and sit in her booster chair. Also at this time in her life, Clara dreams of riding a motorcycle. Everything that her right hand gets ahold of is "revved" up. It's like she is saying "yes" in ASL. Lately, she will also put the object in her mouth and still move her closed fist back and forth. I think she likes the feel of things rubbing on her gums.

Saturday night we had two receptions to go to and at the second, we gave Clara a carrot stick to play with. She enjoyed it for a little bit and then she decided to throw a fit, so she held out her hands demanding I take her from Jason... and left the carrot sticking straight out of her mouth. She is really developing her personality and although she is great at throwing fits (pressing her head to the back of whatever she's laying on or sitting on, arching her back, kicking her legs...), I still can't get enough of her. She is just too cute for me to handle sometimes. I never knew the joy of a baby. I just get worried that I don't have this much love for my other kids to come.

2 comments:

Beka said...

i love that little pink pic of her...she is so animated, i love it!

JLynn said...

anna Joyce...nice to be back:)...i was so excited to see the pictures of your fun trip! i loved them all! so glad you had a blast! i left a comment on your "day 6" post as well! i agree with bek, clara looks so darling in pink with her brown hair and blue eyes...she is SO animated with all her unique expressions! muahhhhhh, i just want to kiss you through the screen clara! love you! and anna my dear friend, don't you worry, Heavenly Father will give you ALL the love you need for your darling children to come...just like with clara. Heavenly Father makes us equal to all callings in life He gives us as long as we have the faith. :) love you so much...so happy to see your blog again! yeag dawg!!!!!!