Sunday, July 8, 2007

Rolly Poly Turns Scooter

Today our Home Teachers were over and I was telling them how weird it is that kids seem to change over night. For instance, it seemed that over night and all at once Clara stopped taking naps in her swing, stopped spitting up all the time and developed an intense emotional attachment to me (meaning if I walk out of the room she starts screaming, not fussing, SCREAMING, even if Jason is holding her). So after they left, she took her nap and then after I fed her and went another round with the rice cereal (no better this time around), I put her on the floor. She saw a toy and put her left hand down, grabbed her left wrist with her right hand and pulled herself forward a few inches! I was excited because before that, I had only seen her dig her toes into the carpet and scoot half an inch or so. Then, it became a game to see if we could get her to do it again. Sure enough, if we put a toy a few feet away, she would scoot all the way over to it! She did not do this yesterday, so really, these things do happen over night. And, she has continued to do it, so it's certainly not a fluke. It is too cute because you can see the determination in her face. Wahooo, a kid that sees something she wants and doesn't give up until she gets it. I'm a proud mama. Proud and happy as I am, I have to admit I am getting really emotional that she is growing up. She is just so cute and sweet and I am sad she has to grow up. Yeah, you can have another baby, but that doesn't keep the other one from growing up. Is this normal or is this another reason I should be considered crazy? I have enjoyed every stage of her life (as many as there are in her WHOPPIN' six months of life) so I guess I just have to see it as a long life of enjoyment and remember the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

6 comments:

angela hardison said...

it's true everybody, i just witnessed it at my own home, and it was adorable.

then i picked her up and taught her how to play the drums!

Lindsay said...

WHAT!?!?! No pictures?!??!? Haha, j/k! Hooray for scooting! Now you can't leave her alone for a second! No telling where she'll end up!

Emily Widdison said...

rice cereal took both my boys a long time to dig...keep it up and good luck. I don't agree with solids being inconvenient...riding on the elevated train in chicago, or screaming baby in the car, I didn't have to nurse him I could just hand him a cracker...you will love it eventually, I promise!!

Miller Family said...

How exciting! I'm sure she'll love it when she can crawl and can just follow you wherever you go. No more separation anxiety around the house.

Maren said...

im glad brynlee isnt the only one that SCREAMS when i leave the room.

Beka said...

clara's making my boys look bad- growing up so fast....are they retarded?:) jk- but i swear she is gonna be a genius child just like you and all your siblings!!