Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Opposition

I don't watch the news much, but every now and then I get emotionally attached to a story and like to watch all of the subsequent updates (the helicopter crash). As I was watching the news last night, I started pondering on opposition after I heard the families of the men that died in that crash have said they will give all money that is donated to them to the family of the Phoenix police officer that was killed that same day. That was really touching to me and a realization that in general, people in the world have good hearts. That is when I started thinking about the reality of opposition. I think that the good in the world are getting better and the bad in the world are getting more wicked. This is something that helps me not worry about the "world" knowing that there is more good and the good that is out there is stronger than the bad. It's the same reason in our own lives we can only experience joy to the degree that we experience sorrow. Those that bring the most happiness into our lives can also bring the most sadness. I am glad that the happiness outweighs the other... just look at this sweet face! :) And then a little crazy face... those are the eyes that stare down Angela and watches her every move as if she were an alien.

1 comment:

angela hardison said...

can i have her? :)

(i love her little green shirt/dress)