Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Day Late & A Dollar Short

Yesterday was my good friend, and fellow blogging addict, Jen's 25th birthday. I thought about her all day long and then at 10pm at the grocery store, I was looking at the expiration date for some meat, noticing some expired the 24th and I realized, that was the next day, meaning it was still the 23rd and I FORGOT to call Jen! I text messaged her and got a response so I called her. I do that ALL the time. I remember the day before someone's birthday, think of them all day on their birthday and wait for the 'perfect' time to call and then I forget. I wanted to make this post last night, but I was up until 130am working, so we are, a day late... but nonetheless, here are 25 reasons I LOVE the one and only JEN BARRETT NOBLE: 1. her laugh, it is ONE of a kind and just the thought of it ALWAYS puts a little smile on my face 2. her love of the Gosple 3. her willingness to share her testimony 4. her thoughtfulness 5. her ability to give the perfect gifts (this is a talent i severely lack) 6. her hugs 7. her jokes (g-puppers is for sure the best) 8. how she relies on the Gospel to bouy her up during trials 9. her honesty 10. her individual style 11. her blog :) 12. how she makes you feel like you are a great person 13. her friendship 14. how she is so appreciative and shows it 15. her curly hair 16. her loyalty 17. her little smile when she refuses to show her teeth 18. her notes she writes 19. her sincerity 20. how she is so genuine 21. her strong testimony 22. her happiness, which is how she spends most of her life 23. the phrases she uses 24. her concern for everyone around her 25. her sense of adventure

Here's a picture of us in October 2003 in our house as it was being built.
Jen's bridal shower August 2004
Jen visited once during her birthday, so we had a little celebration at our house (2005)
Jen was MIA in 2006 because she was heavy with child...

Jen's most recent visit, with her kiddo Cache (June 2007). Yesterday, I went to pick something up from KS and went to get in my car and NOTHING happened when I attempted to start it. That is a very strange feeling... your car has no problems, runs perfectly fine and then it doesn't start. It didn't even turn over! I went back inside and Clint and Ryan offered to save the day. They jump started my car and Ryan said he was sure it was my battery. Ryan said it would take forever to test the battery because that's what happened to him, but I reminded him he wasn't a girl... :) So off I drove to AutoZone. A few times while I was driving, all the stuff that relies on the battery (radio, air, clock, etc.) just popped off. That was weird because normally I thought your engine charges the battery. Then, when I went to lock my car, the horn sounded like it was pretty much dead. Sure enough, my battery was dead as a doornail. It is strange it was all of a sudden, but I am just glad it was JUST the battery. So, I got a new battery and the nice man that tested it for me put it in. This all took no more than 30 minutes (test battery, replace battery, find some filters I've been needing and purchase them). See Ryan, it helps to be a girl in an auto parts store. Clara was a peach, so that was good because this all happened during her nap time. Now we all know why I am a day late and a dollar (or a hundred) short.

3 comments:

Beka said...

wow, you are the sweetest friend, anna- i cant wait till its MY birthday, :)ha ha

JLynn said...

what a nice birthday surprise!!!!!! :) thank you so much for being so kind and thoughtful. it truly means SO MUCH to me! :) i love ya tons!!! thanks for the text message, phone call and this post! ;) you helped make my 25th birthday extra special!

Unknown said...

Hey Anna! Aaron did know who you were at church and said he saw you. My mom also told me she saw you in R.S. what were you doing in that ward? Too bad I missed you but my baby was having a rough day! I am sure you know how that goes. She got 3 new teeth that day and has 2 more that are about to come in! AHHHHH! Hope all is well!