Jason and Clara watching the fireworks... I started out holding Clara and Jason kept staring at her and asked me if he could hold her during the fireworks. It was pretty cute. Clara loved the fireworks and was half asleep by the time they were done, but managed to keep her pretty little eyes partially opened until the end.
Here's Clara, me and a few fireworks. It has been a while since I have ever seen such a fabulous firework show. Last year we went to the show at Tempe Town Lake and I swore I would NEVER do that again. It was miserably hot, we had to walk really far (it didn't help that I was pregnant and sick) and all that was to stand on concrete. We had blankets on the grass, but too many people were standing up so if you stayed on the ground, you couldn't see. Anyway, I decided I will go somewhere cooler for fireworks or not watch them at all. This show is funded completely by donations and I think the only one that compares is the one I saw on a sail boat, in a harbor in San Diego when I was like 9. Everyone from Durango comes to see it. The show lasted at least 45 minutes and had some pretty cool fireworks. It was done on the side of a mountain so the echo down the canyons was incredible. Some of the "booms" were more fascinating than the fireworkds themselves! The last firework, though, was better than any I have ever seen. It was HUGE and shimmery and never seemed to go away. It had to have been in the sky for at least a minute and the shimmers made it seem like it was moving. It was VERY cool. 
Friday, July 6, 2007
Day 5: Wednesday July 4th
Let freedom ring! Wahooo, I LOVE this Country. I am thankful for the freedoms we enjoy in this Country and feel so blessed to have been born here. This morning we went to the parade in Silverton and it was great fun. They threw lots of candy and lots of bead necklaces, which Clara loved. At one point, 4 jets flew in formation over the parade and then back over us. I am not sure why, but seeing that always makes my heart proud to be an American. I suppose it's a way I see very fitting to honor those that have fought and those that continue to fight to allow us to live the lives we do.
At the end of the parade, well, they say that, but it was in the middle of it, the Silverton fireman have a tradition of having a water fight with their fire hoses. We all scattered to avoid the drenching stream of water, but no worries, I still made Jason take a picture of the water in the background.
This afternoon my dad, Daniel and Daniel's friend Josh drove up to hang out with us up here. My dad is such a cute grandpa and absolutely adores his grandchildren. Clara always stares at him like with this really concerned look and will ocassionally reach out and touch his face. I think my dad's week of scruff was especially confusing to her. But at least she was looking at the camera! :)
After the parade, Jason and I went to go grab some lunch and my mom watched Clara. Well... if you look at this picture of her and my dad, you'll notice she has different clothes on. My mom was holding Clara and felt something warm on her legs and looked down and Clara had pooped ALL over my mom and the couch!! There was a tiny drop on her onesie but it seriously looked like my mom lost control. Luckily, Kathryn let us borrow her OxiMagic and it came out and my mom worked her own magic and got it out of the LIGHT beige couch. I am pretty sure this can be attributed to dad putting her most recent diaper on... he suffers from the syndrome that instills fear in you of getting a diaper too tight, so it gets put on too loose. Anyway, I went on a jeep ride with Kathryn and Ryan up to Clear Lake. Jason stayed home to watch Clara because my mom was watching the twins. I took about 30 pictures of this same mountain from the jeep, I suppose it was my favorite. I just loved seeing the really red rock with the green trees on such a large mountain. The jeep ride was fun and very dusty! We went up to Clear Lake and be warned, these pictures don't compare to the real thing... this earth is BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING.
Not real sure what I'm doing here, but hey, I can laugh at myself just like I laugh at others! :)
This was a huge waterfall... that yet again looks like some trickling water in the pictures.
TA-DAH! Here I am at the lake. The lake was HUGE, trust me. It was really chilly up there too, but just breath taking. I often wonder how people can question the existence of God. Stuff like this just doesn't happen.
Me and the jeep. I trust Ryan's driving so I never once feared for my life.
Not my child... I didn't even take this picture of Elsa, BUT, I love the angle it is taken from and the mountains in the background. This is when they were waiting for the fireworks to start and I don't even know who took it, but it's an awesome picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
poor jason, did his mom put his diapers on too tight when he was a baby?
Post a Comment