Friday, July 6, 2007

Day 4: Tuesday July 3rd

Early this morning Jason and Ryan went jeeping around the Alpine Loop. They are proabably about 12,000 feet up in these pictures. I laughed that they took pictures of each other while they were up there, but they did it so Kathryn and I wouldn't get mad. Really, you have to be there to truly experience the mountains.The babies in their RETRO pj's. :) You can't see in this picture, but Clara's have peace signs on the feet. Jason and I went to eat lunch and left Clara with my mom. As I was leaving my mom said, if I get desperate, I will just give her a sucker. I told her that was fine, as long as she took pictures. For those of you that know me, I am pretty particular about what my baby eats and have still not given her rice cereal... we were gone for 40 minutes for lunch and sure enough, Kathryn documented Clara's first sucker experience while I was out.After lunch, we walked all around the town. The shops are fun and the funnel cake was fantastic. Ryan bought some for us on Monday and today we tried one with carmel. It was so delicious but I think the high fat and sugar content was too much for my body because I felt so sick afterwards... so that was our last one for the trip. MMMMMMM!This is the County Courthouse. I think it's one of the prettiest buildings in the town. I am sure it isn't that neat to anyone who has lived on the East Coast, but just let me think it's cool.Here's another house, just to show that all of the houses are so colorful. Grandma reading to the grandkids, no wonder they are so smart!One of Clara's new loves is for spoons, plastic or metal. But as you can see, a happy face can quickly turn grumpy if that spoon goes anywhere.While Jason and I were out and about, we bought some bubbles for the twins. I'd like to think I bought them for Clara too, but she just isn't real interest in those quite yet. The twins, however, loved them. Elsa loved them so much she took a step towards me as I was blowing bubbles towards her. For dinner, Ryan and Jason grilled up the fish they caught (plus James' and the neighbors gave them some as well). They were all Rainbow Trout and Jason taught me the pink ones are farm raised and the white are spawned in the lake. Fresh fish is so good. After dinner, we went back to the lake for more fishing... except for me... it was more picture-taking. :)Lily was the first to catch a fish this time and Jason followed her with one. Lily cast her line and reeled it in all by herself! When all was said and done, her pole was broken, but we don't know if it was like that before catching the fish.

1 comment:

Miller Family said...

I can't believe Clara had a sucker! Forget the rice cereal....you have something to calm her down now!