Friday, July 27, 2007
Clara's Eating Habits
Since Clara is all grown up and has been eating rice cereal for almost a month, I feel comfortable giving her pretty much anything to chew on. It's all psychological (that I let NO food into her mouth prior to starting rice cereal, except a celery stick ONCE), but at least I can acknowledge that. I absolutely refused to give her anything other than from nursing or water. Anyway, she LOVES to suck/chew/gnaw on raw veggies (celery, carrots, green beans, cucumbers, etc.).
She also happens to love Golden Spoon (although she didn't get much... and yes, I went there two nights in a row (Clint forced Angela and I to go) and got the EXACT same thing) and the wrappers from Airheads. Don't let this expression fool you, she does enjoy it. In fact, she will keep one wrapper to chew on for ever.
Those are the best because they crinkle yet they don't dissolve in saliva. This evening, as we were eating dinner, I gave Clara a carrot to suck on and after I went into the kitchen to do something, she decided to crawl in there after me. Obviously, when you army crawl, you need all your hands have to offer. So my intelligent little child put the carrot in her mouth and crawled with it sticking out. Oh, but it gets better; she'd pause occassionally and slide it in and out her mouth, hands free, by sucking it, then continue crawling. No worries, I got this on video, but on the blog, we'll just have to enjoy the still shot. It was pretty funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Okay, Golden Spoon two night in a row and still no invite. Chuck E. Cheese's was with my family. If we went there with your mom and dad and didn't invite you then you could tease me, but no. I just don't know if we are even loved in this family anymore. What are Lucy and Elsa going to do? I guess you are only cool enough to go to Golden Spoon if you ever lived on ** street(I'll leave your address out for protection). (I hope everyone else that reads this understands sarcasm.)
Post a Comment