Tuesday, July 24, 2007
4 miles
For the last eight months, Angela and Clint have lived RIGHT next door to us. They moved in when they got married and now, they are gone, this is their first night to be gone. Once their house is done in a month or so, they will live a WHOPPING four miles away from us, but I am SO sad they are moving I want to cry. I am sitting here, needing to go to bed, but I can't figure out why I am so sad they are moving. You'd think they are moving out of the state, but no, FOUR miles away. Bear with me as I try to figure out why this is so emotional for me... I will miss having dinner guests all the time. I tried to have them over for dinner as often as possible because I enjoy their company and I like to cook and it's much easier to cook for four than two. I will miss going over to her house practically every night when Clara wants a change or when I just need to have someone to talk to after sitting in my house all day. I will miss riding to the gym with them. I will miss them calling to borrow things. Remember, it takes a few years or so to acquire the things you need after getting married. I will miss laughing and talking with them and sharing funny stories from the day. I will miss having someone to sit at my house while Clara sleeps at night so we can go do things. I will miss having someone on hand that LOVES to hold and play with Clara (beside Jason and I) with no kids of their own. I will miss having a second wardrobe (but much more fashionable than mine) on hand. I will miss borrowing cute shoes since I can't seem to own any. I will miss hearing the drums and/or guitar through our bedroom wall and pretending to be annoyed even though you could BARELY hear them. I will miss having a back up when I need another guy around to feed the missionaries. I will miss having them in our ward and having someone to sit by in Sacrament (and pick my split ends with... :)). I will miss having someone to make treats for. I will miss having a quick place to go when I need to get away from "people". I will miss having someone to put our trash cans out because Jason has a hard time remembering. I will miss having someone to ask for and give advice... and good advice at that. There is nothing quite like having a sibling next door. Ryan and Kathryn used to live about a mile away, and now that they live about ten miles away, we see them just as much. When they are next door, it's easy access. On a happier note, I am excited for Clint and Angela to have the opportunity to have their own home. Maybe I will just drive there every night and wait for Angela to get home from work. HA HA! Just kidding. But, I don't know that I will ever live walking distance from her again, so I am sad, but I have really enjoyed this while it's lasted. Clara and I will miss Angela and Clint and hopefully will still see them more than just on Sundays at my mom's!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It's funny, Angela's blog only talks about how happy she is to move away from you.
J/K, I'm sure it was fun to have them so close, and I know Angela will miss being so close.
ryan is mean!
that made me soo sad :( we are going to miss you so much too. it's been wonderful living right next to you guys, thank you for being the best neighbors EVER. but seriously i plan on seeing you almost as much...you can come over anytime, i'll make YOU dinner, i can babysit clara whenever, and i'll come over too, like when clint's drums are too loud to handle :)
and hey, who's to say we'll never live right next door again?! it's definitely possible!
Post a Comment