We went to Snowflake on November 3rd for Madison's baby blessing. It also happened to be Connie's birthday, so we celebrated that too. It would have been nice to spend a few days there, but Jason had already planned a hunting trip on Saturday so it was a quick up-and-down-in-one-day trip.
Earth and Science Day at ASU. My favorite was the infared camera. You can see how Hazel's cheeks were redder than the rest of her face and how the warmth from Lilly's hand stayed on the glass after she took it off. Bottom row: create an earthquake, Mars rover, snack time, water salinity, ph of things and rockets.
I turned 32 on 11.12.13. It was a pretty cool day to have a birthday. I had to work, but that night, Jason and I went to Federal Pizza (not impressed) and then that night I went out for dessert with Karen, Lisa, Beka and Amy. I am so grateful for good friends.
Melissa helped me can apple pie filling...our pumpkins rotted in like two days...Hazel putting apples away...Hazel peeling a carrot...the contents of my purse - way too many pens...I made tender, moist chicken for the first time in my life by baking it in the oven...fun car track at Grandma's...Clara usually prefers a salad at Costco...sharing a bed...sharing a chair...Hazel watching me work when she couldn't sleep.
Her hair is crazy...park day...this is what Saturday mornings look like...no words...posed...unposed...feeding the horse at the park...Hazel helping wash potatoes for dinner...Clara doing FHE with her sidekick Hazel by her side
Crazy hair day: I took pipe cleaners and made her hair stick out and she thought it was the best.
Karen's baby shower...I let Clara stay up late (read: past 7:30) and go to target with me and she fell asleep in the cart...little copy cat...setting up their office to work alongside me...one night Hazel curled up into the bend of Jason's knee on our bed...best little dental patient...Kristie was in town and came over to visit...Hazel got an ice cream cone while VT
We finally got a new light for above our kitchen table... one of those things you think you'll do right away and then delay it forever. It was such a pain to change it with our six foot ladder. And then the plastic wire caps popped off and sparks shot out the light. I screamed (I was inside while Jason turned the electricity back on) and the girls were scared the rest of the day that our house was going to burn down. The good news is, we got it fixed (about 30 seconds before Thanksgiving dinner with my family) and I absolutely love it. It is so bright and beautiful. I wish I would have done it years ago. :)
lunch with old co-workers/friends (where I killed a bee that wouldn't leave us alone and the waitress almost cried about it)...impractical dinner out...her preppy little uniform makes me smile...watching Jason's softball game (in their new matching black boots)...traps in the closet...I got bit by an ant and my foot was SO swollen...our oranges started turning orange, well, mostly just yellow in November...organizing my pantry...beautiful sky
Margo came to play....We live close to Cracker's and when Suzie, her girls and Kristie were in town, we met up for lunch. The weather was beautiful so Hazel and I walked across the street.
My dad started planning hiking trips every now and then. This was the first I did with him, The Wind Caves. My mom walked around the desert, Ryan ran around the base of the mountain and my dad and I hiked to the top. The scenery was beautiful, I loved seeing the sunrise and two hours or so to visit with my dad by myself is pretty rare. I'll treasure the memories of these hikes forever.
Mason and Jordyn got baptized. Afterwards, we had a luncheon at the church. Unrelated to the baptism: Hazel paints, Jordyn and Clara are ninjas, Hazel puts on makeup, I threw out over a dozen of peaches I canned and it made me so sad, my girls snuggled in the cart at Costco and Clara got a bird that chirps when people walk into a room.
Clara and Hazel looked so cute in the clothes they wore for family pictures. I bribed them to let me take pictures of them after church. They were mostly being silly, but I think it's a reflection of their fun personalities.
We hosted my family's Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday night. I LOVE having a big room for hosting big dinners. That might be my very favorite part of this house (second to the yard, of course). The awesome turkey veggie tray came from Angela.
The next day, Thanksgiving, we hosted Jason's family's Thanksgiving dinner at our house. A few of his siblings came (Kevin and Lamar, Landry and Keirsten planned on coming until their kids got sick), his parents and his Uncle Randall and all of their kids, spouses and grandkids (with the exception of Zach). I loved eating outside. Clara loved eating a turkey leg. :)
That night we went shopping. There was a super long line in Wal Mart but I really wanted what I went to buy. After waiting in line behind a friend in our ward for about five minutes, I asked him to buy my stuff and I'd write him a check. :) It was the best idea ever. I took Lamar home, picked up some other people and then we went to a few more stores. Always fun and interesting. It's usually not worth the "deals" but worth the company and the memories.

















2 comments:
It's so hard to comment because there are so many fun photos!!! I love your new light fixture! I love having a big dining room now too! Mines not quite as big as yours but it sure is better than the sorry excuse from my last house. Cute cute girls!!!
I love all your pictures and little stories. I may have to steal your crazy hair idea in the future. That was awesome.
Post a Comment