As usual, we headed up to Jason's family reunion for Labor Day weekend. On the way up it was really rainy and traffic was going really slow. However, the RV in front of us seemed to be going faster than everyone else and then locked their brakes when they tried to slow down. We heard and saw them skidding off the road. I thought for sure they were going to flip over. Lucky for them, and unbeknownst to me, there was a dirt embankment that caught their front right wheel as they were about to tip. It was a little wild.
Anyway. We made it safe. I love the mountains. It is so clean and so beautiful. I love the sky, especially when there is the contrast of white clouds.
We spent the weekend exploring, visiting and just hanging out.
Every year there is a serious game of water balloon volleyball. It's a lot of fun to watch. When this years game was over, someone tried to dump the bucket of water from the balloons on the other team. Clara was in the wrong place and got most of the water on her. I think it was so cold and took her off guard that it scared her and she started crying. I was trying to get pictures of the water, because I knew it was coming, but got Clara's sad face instead.
The kids got their faces painted. And then they painted some of the adult's faces. Clara did a cat for me, if you can't tell.
On Sunday night, there is always a program/talent show around the big giant bonfire that all the pyros in the family build. There are a lot of recurring skits and they make me laugh every year. Jason's cousins Rodney and Brandon to "Beans" that Connie narrates (top left). This year they were especially hilarious. Uncle Randall always does Poncho Villa (top right) that makes me laugh so hard. And there is always the "If I were a Goodman..." song (bottom right). They had the kids come up and help.











1 comment:
Clara did an awesome job on that cat face painting. Very nice! It looks like you guys had a great time! (And thank heavens that RV didn't tip. Scary! I once watched a motor cycle accident and thought for sure I just saw someone die on the highway. Thankfully, it wasn't the case, but I will probably never forget that).
Post a Comment