Wednesday, January 15, 2014

August 2013

Clara had to wear her hat to the eye doctor || eye doctor fun (benefits of personally knowing the doctor) || One morning I woke up feeling like I hadn't slept well at all. See that tiny space in between Clara and Hazel? No wonder I felt like I hadn't slept well || splash pad with Heather W. and her girls || fun with Grandma Penrod || One night we got together with some friends from high school and went to dinner at Tanzy. While I loved the company, I'd never go back to the restaurant. The food was not very good and on top of that, it was super overpriced || Clara with her lasso on a horse || Baby Avery || Uncle Lamar and Hazel after Avery's baby blessing || Me in a borrowed vintage dress that Jason actually liked... what you can't see in the picture is the gum that fell out of Hazel's mouth in the car on the way to the baby blessing. We looked every where for it, I even searched the car while Jason took the girls into church. I found it at the end of Sacrament when I went to lift Hazel off my lap. Apparently it was in between the layers of her dress and then squished out onto my dress. It came off my dress fine but I threw Hazel's away since the outer layer was like a chiffon and gum was mashed into every little hole. Not worth cleaning!
After the blessing, we brought Jordyn home to sleep over. We spent most of the day swimming at my mom's where I continued to admire my new swimsuit and Lilly scaled the fence, ran across the roof and jumped into the pool. We also painted toenails and decorated cupcakes. We sure have missed Jordyn since she moved up to Utah.
My dad mowing the lawn || My dad with my girls || I knew a lot of people having babies in a very short amount a time and I dealt with some of the emotions from miscarrying by shopping and shopping and shopping for baby clothes. I found some cute stuff || My kids, my dad and my mom for my mom's birthday || Clara loves doing the lesson for FHE. This time, Hazel was her prop and she was telling her to be happy and helping her smile || Annual splash contest at the ward pool party (Jason didn't win this year) || Playing with her food || Flying airplanes || Nursery friends (where Megandee was nursing a doll, Hazel was guarding the drum and Liv remained an innocent by-stander) || IKEA || kale lentil soup || I watched Jessie's little girl, Kimberly one day. Hazel loved having a little playmate || sugar cookies with Brighton || Ever since reading the Boxcar Children, Clara has wanted to run away. Not necessarily to get away from us, but to see what it's like to live on her own. Jason made a deal with her that as soon as she can run faster than him, she can run away because then she can outrun bad guys. So, they race around the cul-de-sac on Saturday mornings || Shopping with Clara || a picture Clara drew on the backside of Angela's foam board
Holding baby Avery. Seeing my girls interact with babies makes me want one so bad. They adore babies and need a little sibling. This is also the night I tried to take Keirsten dinner, only to arrive and realize I didn't have the chicken salad for the chicken salad croissants! Rather than drive 20 minutes home and 20 minutes back, I went and picked up pizza from Little Caesar's. Don't worry, I took dinner another night to make up for it || This picture is gross, but funny. Angela had to cook some steak for work and she let us eat it. Hazel chewed on her piece like it was a piece of gum for about 20 minutes. Ha ha || being silly || being messy || Hazel and I went and met my dad for lunch || cruising (no clothes and sun glasses) || coconut curry lentils that I made and were SO good || getting creative || hmmmm, where does she learn to dress like that? || I bought a nightstand and dresser from IKEA and it took me forever to get the nightstand put together (Jason did the dresser while we were in Utah almost two months later...) || just eating a giant carrot || Clara set up a desk in the living room to do home work and set one up for Hazel right next to her's. She is such a good big sister || Look how loose that tooth is! It was hanging by a thread and then two seconds later, it fell out
I can't stop taking pictures of our sunsets. They are incredible. I love the AZ skies. || I threw a baby shower for my friend Sarah and all the food turned out so good. We had Caesar salad, a pesto pasta salad, fruit, spinach artichoke dip with, a salad with cheese, apple pears, spicy candied pecans and gorgonzola, Oreo truffles and rice krispy treats. Just sayin'...
When Clara is in school, Hazel and I spend a lot more one-on-one time together. It brings back a lot of memories from when Clara was this age. She makes a lot of really big messes but also makes me smile so much.

1 comment:

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

August seems like it was an eventful month!!! I love the name Avery. Very cute. And I agree, I love Arizona sunsets as well.