Monday, May 13, 2013

Lost Dutchman State Park

Clara didn't have school on April 5th, so we decided to take a hike in Lost Dutchman State Park. It was a little warm and I had to carry Hazel for about half of the 2.5 mile hike (the steepest half), but it was still fun. The desert is beautiful and I love nature. It never gets old and never ceases to amaze me.
Part of the reason we went to this specific location was to see the desert flowers. We tried to find the colors of the rainbow. Success.

Before the hike (Hazel folds her arms when she doesn't want me to hold her hand).
We hiked Trail No. 56. 
Ta-dah!
 
And the end. They were a little tired and grumpy and getting them to stand by the sign was asking a lot, so I didn't bother to try and get them to look. 
It was a fun hike and I am bummed that spring was such a busy time of the year, limiting the amount of hiking we got in before summer started to set in. I guess that's just one more reason to look forward to fall.

3 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

is it totally sad that we're already looking forward to fall?

Jen said...

Wow, seriously gorgeous photo!
ALL THOSE FLOWERS! Beautiful and those mtns!!!!

Heather Williams said...

What a pretty hike. I love nature too. I didn't grow up here so the desert it novel, but I don't think I could grow tired of it.
Great picts... as usual.