Tuesday, November 20, 2012

On the road to 40

Last week, on the 12th, I turned 31. Last year was a really great year and I'm sure it set the stage for the next 10 years. Last year I felt a little sorry for myself on my birthday. This year, now that I'm a big girl, I decided to make sure I enjoyed my day rather than waiting around for other people to make it happy for me. My wish for the day? Eat out every meal. Mission accomplished. I went to breakfast at Joe's Farmgrill with my girls, lunch at Pita Jungle with Angela and Margo and dinner at Joe's BBQ with Jason. I love their baked potatoes. Thanks to everyone that made my birthday extra special. Especially Jason. He left 31 reasons he loves me in our bathroom and brought flowers home at lunch.
Clara gave me a handmade gift a week early. She colored a monster face on the bottom of a box (notice the "hab bthaday in the upper left corner).
Inside she had all sorts of work papers she created. Just for me. I want to clone her.
Jason took this picture of me and I'm still fascinated with my sunken in eyes. I'll blame it on the flash. But seriously, it's obvious I need some sleep!
It was a really good day to the start of another busy week. I worked a lot, Jason worked a lot (as in we didn't see him much) and I hosted Bunco. I can work and I can run the house without Jason, but when they both happen simultaneously, things get a little crazy. But then Saturday came and it was the first time in a really, really long time that we didn't have a jam-packed schedule. In fact, I didn't have a single place to go. I got so much done (nearly every single thing on my To Do list!) and still had lots of time to socialize, shop, hang out with my girls and crash Jason's man date by inviting the girls and myself to join him and Trent at dinner. I think the worst part of my week was realizing I didn't have a rolling pin, in the middle of cooking dinner, again, and having to use a can.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Anna!!! Sounds like you had a super duper day celebrating and having fun. (Enjoy your 30's because the 40's arrive way too fast. Ha!)

Jen said...

Gorgeous flowers!
Your eye's don't look sunken to me at all.

glad you had a great birthday :)

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

happy birthday! I love the 31 reasons I love you gift! I always love things like that!