Monday, November 5, 2012

Monday Morning


I almost always good clean my kitchen on Monday morning, which typically means taking out the mountain of recycle that we've collected for several days. Hazel loves to help and hates to come back inside, but I make her so I can get stuff done. Monday is one of the few days I have motivation (thank goodness for Sunday!). As my perfect priority list continues to evolve, this morning I decided that Hazel playing outside was at the top of the list. So after she ate 3.8 hearty pumpkin/applesauce/oat pancakes and slurped up the water she dumped onto her tray (slurp, slurp, slurp),
we took out the recycle and then didn't go back inside for a while. She explored and I sat. It made for a great morning for both of us (even though I never did quite finish my kitchen) and it also gave me time to realize a few things.

1. I love my backyard more and more as time goes on.
2. I love that instagram inspires me to look for beauty in the ordinary.
3. I love being outside, especially while my kids run around and play in practically perfect weather.
4. Something about nature, freedom and precious spirits all in one moment makes me feel super happy.

2 comments:

Jen said...

you have the cutest toes ever! :)

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

I love your fun posts. You inspire me to see beauty in my daily routine. Thanks!