My darling little Hazel. I can't believe she'll be two so soon, yet it seems like she's been a part of our family forever. I feel that way about a lot of things. I think it's because our minds and our souls are on different time tables than our earthly bodies. She usually eats well, sleeps great, is pretty mild mannered, loves to take toys from other kids, usually is happy to return toys that she's taken when I tell her to, is a little parrot, is very, very stubborn and receives endless comments about what a beautiful baby she is. She loves books and to draw. Clara didn't draw much at this age. She just wasn't interested in it, but Hazel LOVES to draw. I think we're past the drawing on skin, tile, table, etc. phase, so that is good. The best part about Hazel's drawings are that she'll scribble on the paper and then tell me what's she's drawn: el-phant, toe-pion, guy, etc. She can be super dramatic/excited about things, where she is panting like she's all worked up and excited. She tells me she has to go poop every single time she's about to toot. She tells me she has to go potty every 8 seconds and then wait until I put her diaper on to go. She loves books and loves anyone that will let her climb into their lap and read a book to her. She has an obsession with dipping her food. She dips food in her water and then eats it. I guess she just doesn't like dry food. My favorite was when she dipped her corn dog into her green smoothie (talk about an oxy-moron of a meal). She still loves my mom and I love the special little bond they have. She loves nursery and says, "toys!" every time we say Amen after a prayer in Sacrament Meeting. She is super happy when she wakes up from naps or in the morning. Even if I have to wake her up (which seems to happen a lot these days), she has the sweetest smile with her puffy little sleepy eyes. She's very independent and wants to "walk" whenever I'll let her. She loves to help me and I enjoy having another little sidekick around while Clara is gone at school.
Both of my children love plain, uncooked oats.She's been a little demanding lately and will stand like this and say, "hold you, hold you, hold you" over and over, super fast. She has also started saying, "now". Hmmm....
One day while I was on the phone, she got my waterproof mascara and smeared it all over her face. I was really glad she didn't know it was for her eyes.
I just love her little face and love how she'll almost always smile for the camera.
Or pick her nose...
***Post edit for posterity sake***
Hazel is so stubborn and determined. She can get just about any lid off anything by patiently wiggling it in her little hands. I think she's going to have a mechanical mind like Jason and my brother Daniel. She asked me to open a yo-yo and I told her know. So she wiggled and wiggled and unscrewed it and took it all apart.
She still sleeps on her side most of the time. Everytime I check on her and see that, it reminds me of when she was just a few days old and my mom was here helping me. She would lay Hazel on her side "because she likes it" and I would just laugh. But it's true, and my mom knew it right away. I guess once you have NINE(!) babies, you really do know what they like.
Hazel has started to give really awesome "squeezes" for a hug and I love to feel her little arms squeezing my neck with all her might.

7 comments:
seriously, she is a doll! Reading about her made me think that she is SO much like Noelle.
haha I just love her adorable face!
That little face it so CUTE!
Almost 2!? What!!! What a cutie patootie.
She is a sweet soul. A tiny little Anna!
mini anna... when did she get so skinny?! i love her too.
She really is a pretty baby. I love her button nose and those round cheeks! "Toe-pion"? I'm guessing that is scorpion? oh my! :)
Payton used to be sooooooo sweet and well mannered and easy going, then last week a switch went off and she is SO demanding and stubborn and irrational. Oh my goodness. I don't know what happened. But she's been getting time outs lately too. So sad, but it helps her calm down. Girls.
Post a Comment