Posts like this make me want a smart phone so I can share pictures and thoughts instantly, instead of letting them get backlogged on my phone/camera until I finally take the time to dump them into a post. But you all know money speaks loud and clear to me and I just can't accept the cost (as of today - it could change tomorrow).
Clara had to take an assessment test for her school. Hazel and I just hung out and waited. We're gonna have fun during our one-on-one time once school starts.
I know I already talked about the storms, but look at this retention basin turned lake. For the locals, it's on Greenfield and the 60. It was full.Hazel usually wakes up after Clara. On mornings she doesn't, I bring her into my bed and visit with her to try to keep her from waking up Clara for as long as possible.
It doesn't last long, Clara is usually up soon after.
I do not like my porcelain sink. I didn't realize how much I liked my stainless steel sink until we moved and I inherited the white porcelain. Everything stains it and it gets dirty and grungy looking so easily. Most recently, blueberries.
Hazel is such a curious little kid. Clara was curious, but with one, it's easier to keep things under control. One thing Hazel loves is dental floss. Lots and lots of dental floss.
One of my eggs had two yokes. I showed Clara the "twins" and said if Kathryn were an egg, that would have been her. She corrected me and said, "Actually, if Lucy and Elsa were an egg, that would have been them." Clara wanted to know if it could have been twin chickens... and I said something about no because they weren't fertilized... and she asked what that mean... and I changed the subject really, really fast.
In a moment of weakness, I bought some Captain Crunch. We try to limit our sugar highs for special occasions Sometimes a special occasion is getting out of bed.
I gave my other couch cushion a trim. Debbie cut one and it took me months to do the other.
I love that she loves books as much as Clara.
I bought lard for the first time in my life. It stinks. But the tortillas I made with it were delicious.
Pictures like this make Clara look so grown up! She's such a beautiful little girl.
I took this picture to remind me of a funny story. I left some OJ defrosting on the counter. We drank it and went on with our day. Later, as I was preparing dinner, I realized there was a hole in the bag and the OJ had dripped down under my cupboard (I think the seal around the stove must be bad) and nearly every pot and pan had sticky OJ on it, so I had to wash all the dishes and then scrub the cupboard.
One night at my mom's, Hazel kept walking back and forth from the living room to the family rook with her head tiled up like she was doing the limbo. We were all laughing and she'd fake laugh and keep doing it.
In between the storms and the sunshine, we have some very pretty skies.
I love how my tile looks and feels after it's freshly mopped (which is next to never).
Hazel wastes no time destroying things.
That look.
Lucky me.
"That's when I was a fairy" - I'm happy to report Clara's imagination is still in full force. All the time.
"Cheese!"
One afternoon I was trying desperately to think of something Clara could do for entertainment. I remembered I had a few marshmallows and gave her those with toothpicks to make a design. One thing led to another and before she was done, I got out the big peppermint marshmallows and she got some candy and made boat looking "desserts" with random candy. It kept her busy for a good 60-75 minutes.
Beka and her boys came over one morning and I was way too focused on Beka and didn't notice that Hazel, who was sitting by Beka, was applying Clara's makeup liberally to her face. As always, she was extremely proud of herself for getting into such mischief.
Clara loves babies. She's going to be a good mom someday. (Sawyer on the left, Margo on the right).
Who says olives are the only edible finger toppers?
One night we went shopping at San Tan as a family. Family dates always make me happy and leave me feeling grateful for my little family.
What? It's under 100* out? Let's go on a walk.



















7 comments:
You need Comet for that sink. And I already forgot the other thing I was going to say.
A friend told me about a product called Bar Keepers Friend, it gets all of those black scratches off easily.
The egg yolk comment was really funny.
Hazel and her mischief reminds me of Connor.... the second child seems to find much more trouble than the first! haha!
Love this post! i think the little bits in life are the best things. your girls are so adorable!
Next time your in town give me a call.
love that you are so positive about the OJ incident. i don't think i would have been so positive about it ;)
what? how is hazel getting so big so fast? i love these little details about your life. it really helps me feel connected to you. love ya!
I'm glad I got to see you in Snowflake, if we ever move back to Gilbert lets be friends, okay?
get a smart phone. come on!
that retention basin? clint seriously kept asking if we could find a boat and go float in it.
i had an egg with two yokes in it last week - really grossed me out.
margo's head is as big as clara's.
Post a Comment