Friday, July 13, 2012

The Little Things

I get made fun of a lot for how many pictures I take. The thing is, pictures help me remember so much more. It's like when I snap a picture on my camera, my brain takes a picture of the moment. It's easy to take pictures on big trips, but I also try to take pictures of the little things. The little things are the things that are so easily forgotten with the passing of time, yet these seemingly little things are what make up life. Things like...

Waking up to find Clara's animals all in a line on the ottoman
Seeing Clara share food with Hazel
Clara wearing her cowgirl hat for breakfast
Hazel taking a bite of Jason's pasta and turning to me super fast with her chin sticking out, her bottom lip over her top lip and pasta hanging from her mouth. Then of course, she laughed at herself. Over and over and over.
Jason getting a "mini" dessert.
The grill catching on fire when Jason was grilling for my family on Father's Day (don't worry, I did everything else :)).
Clara's Marvelous Medicine: I've been reading a lot to Clara. We have read several Road Dahl books, including "Grandma's Marvelous Medicine". After reading it,  Clara made her own marvelous medicine for the ants. It had pickles, onions and soap.
Cookies for breakfast
 Hazel eating every single M&M off her cookie
Clara pretending she's a cake, putting three tubes on and going down the slide. Over and over and over. (I don't think I've mentioned how nice this summer has been now that she's swimming on her own so well, but now I have, it's nice).
We went to a lua and attempted to dress accordingly. Hazel had flowers on her pants. Clara had a lei. Never mind she was wearing red velvet pants and a mismatched outfit, she had a lei! I didn't start out with a lei, just a dress with flowers. Obviously our lua party attires is lagging.
Hazel wears her shoes all around the house.
Just being with Clara and Hazel, of course. 

PS Dad - try to print this last picture out. I didn't resize it as small as my other ones.

9 comments:

Old Man Wise said...

I Love how "real life" all your photo's are.

I need to be taking more life photos!

I agree with you, they are how i hold onto my memories too.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

I love your luao dress! nice!

I love the little real life pictures. I take a bunch myself (like a crazy person) but most of them end up in the black hole that is my hard drive.

cookies for breakfast is going on my "Summer Bucket List"

Rachel+Co said...

just love this little peek into every day life with you hilarious kids. i miss clara! tell her i said hello and ask her what animal she is today.

DeWitts said...

Love the little moments! Your girls are so adorable,

angela hardison said...

i love your kids, you know? and i love that you take so many real life photos.

hazel and the m&m's... smart girl.

holly & anthony said...

I love all your photos! They capture the moments. Your science post is really fun too! I love the last picture of this post with Clara, Hazel, and you. You are all so beautiful!

Emily Widdison said...

my favorite picture is by far the cookie with no m&ms...I love it! I also am in love with all your science experiments....hmmmm...mother of the year award goes to......

Beka said...

LOVE the last picture:) 3 gorgeous gals!! lets hang out soon eh?:)

Ashley Harris said...

I totally agree with everything you said about taking pictures. People make fun of me too for taking so many but love that I have pictures from vacations and get togethers that they don't have.

Love the 'real life' pics. I need to take more of these!