Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Later, Blacky

A few weeks ago my mom and Clara caught this giant beetle. Clara named it Blacky. Clever, right? After a few days we decided it had a better chance of surviving by living somewhere other than a mason jar. It was easy to convince Clara that he needed more room to run and roam so she said her goodbyes, hugged the jar with all her might, gave him a few good stares
 then let him go to be free.
Although a little silly, this was further evidence of how deeply Clara loves. It's reflective of her overall personality: all or nothing. I wonder where she gets that from...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I think Clara needs a pet... even if it is only a fish or something!

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

I have been seeing a lot of those huge beetles lately. my girls have ran and screamed when they see them. :) you know, Beta fish are really easy pets. :)