Yesterday Hazel ate a few big bites out of Jason's deodorant. She smelled so good. I can only imagine how awful it tasted.
Today Clara attempted going down the slide head first at my mom's pool. Somehow she twisted and almost flipped over the edge. Meanwhile, her face slide down the slide. It scared her so bad she cried. She doesn't cry easily. But she wanted to keep going down the slide.
We ate cookies for breakfast and made up for it by eating only raw fruits and vegetables for dinner. That's my definition of a balanced diet.
Tonight Hazel hit me. She hit me yesterday and had to sit in her crib for time out. After she did it again tonight, I told her we don't hit and asked her if she wanted to go to time out and she said yes. She then walked straight to the wall by the front door and sat down with her back against it and cried. Even funnier than her putting herself in time out was that she's only been there for time out once. And she's only been in her crib for time out twice.
Clara is really usually pretty nice. Every now and then she talks in a really mean, rude voice. She always tattles on herself, so I know about it even if I don't witness it. On the way home from my mom's, she said she talked mean to my mom. We always talk about it, but apparently that's not solving the problem, so I decided to give her vinegar when she does, in hopes that she'll think of the taste and it will remind her to be nice. Tonight, I gave her a drop of raw apple cider vinegar mixed with water to show her what it tasted like and she loved it. Major backfire, she thought it tasted like pickle juice and wanted more. Hazel liked it too. I did give her some straight regular apple cider vinegar and she didn't like that, so that's what I'll do.
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
As a runner, I use something called "body glide" to keep from getting burns on my body from my clothing. It looks like deoderant. After my last marathon, we were in the hotel room and i caught the girls rubbing my deorderant all over their bodies... literally, tummies, legs, arms, feet, everywhere. When I took it away from them, they both smelt really good. It's not the same as eating it, but that's what I thought of reading about Hazel.
And I should probably admit to eating cookies for breakfast and for dessert after dinner last night. that's not so balanced. (Though there was raw fruit and veggies in between).
funny, i just decided to start drinking apple cider vinegar for some health benefits. that crap is nasty.
We did Vinegar and still do every now and then. But pinching is what works for us. I have the " Mom pinch " perfected : )
We did hot sauce. Way meaner than vinegar. We used it when the twins would tell lies.
Loved this cute little update. Will probably copy you - I don't have many pictures taken yet this summer.
I love your story's of life these days!!! Cracks me up:) I also use plain vinegar here, since Mr. C thinks that cayanne tastes good! Nut! I definately will be calling you soon so we can catch up and have a play date:)
Post a Comment