Thursday, May 3, 2012

Yuma

A few weeks ago we went to Yuma (well, close to it) for the day for Meagan's wedding reception. Other than eating everything in sight, Clara and Hazel were really good in the car. I am so grateful for children that are good in the car don't mind road trips because I happen to really enjoy them.
I love going to Suzie's. Not only is Suzie one of the most fun, laidback people I know, they are surrounded by farm fields. It offers such a calming break from the busy city. This is the view across the street. I keep saying I'm going to go there and just hang out for a few days. It seems like it'd be easier to pretend I don't have any responsibilities or a single care in the world if I could sit and stare at this view all day.
The reception was lovely. Their tent was awesome and unfortunately, this picture doesn't do it justice.They had a big one for the tables and a smaller one over the gift table and table with the tv. Both were round like a circus and the small one was an exact replica of the big one. It was also pretty awesome being surrounded by the field.
Me and my new dress. Jason kindly told me I look like a jailbird. I wore it again this week and my client asked me if I was going to Tent City. So girls like it, guys think I look like an inmate. I like it and it's super comfy, so whatever.
The Roach Coach (same one from here) did not disappoint. Nothing like fresh, authentic Mexican food cooked up in your backyard. I guess there's nothing like having a former riverbed turned field of rye grass as your backyard either. See why I need to go visit for a few days?
Clara fell in love with Mark. He took her on golf cart rides and even let her drive.
At the end of the reception, this GIANT grasshopper came to visit - look closely at the top of the frame on the left. The thing was probably 4 inches long. Ewwww.
Even more surprising than Clara getting attached to Mark was when Hazel let Mark hold her for a long while. Even after she saw me and Jason, she didn't try to get us to take her. She was content and happy as a clam rocking in the chair with Mark. Not only does Hazel have major reservations about guys besides Jason and a few select others, but the bigger irony is that Mark was mean to us when I was little. I was so afraid of him. We used to call him Uncle Bullwhip. Apparently he's softened with age and is adored by the little ones.
We stayed late to help clean up and didn't drop my mom off until about 1:30am. In front of her house was a present from my dad. He cracks me up. Ha ha. They decided not to keep it, but it was fun while it lasted!

2 comments:

DeWitts said...

i love your dress. looks like a pretty wedding.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

That reception with the tent (or whatever they are called) looks like something from the movies. Beautiful! I love Hazel's little smile in the picture of the girls in their seats on the way. She is just so cute!

Oh, and your dress makes me laugh. I have a maternity shirt like that and Brandon calls it my "Hamburglar" shirt.