Thursday, May 31, 2012

The {Witch} Doctor Is In

For Christmas I received some DoTerra essential oils. I used them sparingly until I went to a class on essential oils earlier this month. I have been using them regularly since. I even ordered some of the most darling little glass bottles which allow me to share my favorite oils with others. I gave them to my mom and mother-in-law for Mother's Day and to Clara's preschool teachers (Rachel is full of good ideas).
I did feel a little crazy as I sat and poured and labeled all the bottles. My kitchen table looked like some type of lab. Jason is pretty skeptical. Clara is a believer. Every time her head hurts, she has a sore or has a bump on her skin, she asks, "Do you have an oil for that?" Ha ha. (For the record, the answer is, "Why yes, yes I do").
Jason can roll his eyes all he wants but I believe in the benefits of essential oils. I always resort to natural resources first. I believe this earth was created to produce things that can help us with our health, naturally. I don't believe they are meant to replace modern medicine. I see them kind of like I do eating healthy. When you eat healthy, you feel better and are less likely to get sick. Quality of life increases. Will it prevent you from ever getting sick? Probably not. Is it a cure for cancer? Probably not. However, I believe it decreases chances of getting sick, decreases chances of disease and it makes you feel better at the same time, so why not? Better to do it naturally than with chemicals.

6 comments:

Rachel+Co said...

yay! love this post. lucas always asks for "calm" when he has a hard time falling asleep. he means "serenity". I think is't hilarious!

angela hardison said...

clint thinks essential oils are a bunch of bs - i'm going to prove him wrong. and those tiny little bottles... the best!

Jen said...

Someday, hopefully soon i hope to be able to use them more often.
I agree, it's all about being healthy and this is one more things i could do to benefit my health.

Kari Whiting said...

I have a small bottle of lavender that I bought from a lady in my ward that does essential oils too. I love and believe in the idea that it will calm and help the body. I would love to get some serenity but she didn't have any. It is way expensive though and I cannot afford to buy the big bottle. Just a question? How long should one of the small bottles you gave you mom last??

kate said...

My dream is for my children to ask
"do you have an oil for that?"

Traci (Mills) sells oils and every time I need to order more I tell her I need some of her black magic or witch craft and wizardry... :)

Aunt Bec said...

Shell uses these and loves them. I try using them and ending up dumping a whole bottle of something that doesn't smell good all over myself and throwing up. I am pretty smooth like that!

Thanks for the smile tonight. I am still at work trying to balance one of those "Stupid" accounts and thought I would log on to see what you are up to, your blog always makes me smile. Keep up the good work :)