She still loves to climb in things, no matter how small they are.
Clara has really been into making things in the kitchen. On this day, she mixed oats, sliced almonds, water and cinnamon. She ate a bunch of it. It wasn't awful, but it was pretty bland and dry. At least it was healthy!
These are the outtakes from Karen's wedding. I had a hard time finding shoes and ended up buying three different pair just in case. I'm pretty sure Jason was glad these didn't make the cut. They were really cute, but yes, very high.
When we went to return those shoes, I decided last minute to drive by the Gilbert Temple. We had never been by the site and I was surprised how big the temple is and how far along they are. It will be fun to see it finished.
For Cinco de Mayo, we went to a party at Debbie's.
I think the highlight was the giant Nacho Libre pinata. It was awesome.
The little kids at Margo's baby blessing.
After the funeral in Snowflake (more on that later), we went to lunch with the in-laws (Connie, Maricel and Lacey). Afterwards, we got to go see Len and Maricel's new house.
Clara loved playing with her cousins and sliding on her knees on the wood floors.
After that, we went and walked around the temple. I'd highly recommend that after a funeral. It was soothing and peaceful and easy to contemplate my thoughts with an eternal perspective. Hazel clearly did not want to be held by Clara.
Clara went ahead of us and was sitting on the bench like this when we came around the corner. She said, "Are you looking for a little girl? I haven't seen any little girls go by here."
Lily came with me and watched the girls while I went to the viewing and the funeral. It was so awesome having her with us. Too bad she can't come on all our vacations.
We stayed and played for a few minutes at Michelle's before driving home.
I love it when Clara and Hazel hunker down together. It doesn't matter that they are 4 years apart, they are sisters which means Clara is the protective older sister and Hazel is the admiring younger sister.
Clara had her music recital at the beginning of May. Lily and my parents came to support her. I'm glad she has a good support system. She has really enjoyed her music class and she did so well in the recital. She did, however, dance to most of the songs. The funny thing is, no one else was dancing because THEY WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE DANCING. I'm so glad I got it on video. It's pretty awesome and she got a lot of comments afterwards. Oh, my dear little performer.
Woo hoo! I'm almost caught up to our California trip which was a week ago. But of course life doesn't slow down and wait for me to blog, so I'm guessing by the time I blog about that trip, we'll have more blog worthy material.


3 comments:
I pass by the new temple in Gilbert all the time. We head that way often, especially to get on the 202. Anyway, last week they put the angel Moroni up on the top, it is quite a spectacular site!
I can't believe how big Hazel is looking lately. She is turing into a toddler so fast!
the gilbert temple is really coming along. how exciting!
cute story time.
the fingers up the nose it hilarious!!! that's awesome. I'll have to remember your recommendation of going to the temple after a funeral next time I need to attend one.
Post a Comment