Sunday, March 25, 2012

Good Thing

Clara started t-ball games this week.

Good thing I didn't have to work 4 days as a result of two prior commitments coinciding.

Good thing I am super organized and planned all our meals out.

Good thing I actually went to the grocery store within the last two weeks.

Good thing Jason wasn't busy and didn't have to go three days without seeing the girls and was able to help me around the house.

Good thing I didn't have Enrichment and our Friday softball games were early.

Good thing. Ha ha!

I'm glad last week is over. I'm not glad next week will be similar. I'm starting to get a bit worn out.

Thankfully, we have weekends. Our weekend was the good kind of busy. Saturday brought Costco, BBQ with extended Melzer family and snuggling on the couch with just Jason (I refused the urge to bring my computer along), for two movies. Sunday meant family dinner at our house and a few minutes tonight to post an update.

I dress to impress. I don't think Angela thought I was serious when I told her my outfit would make her day. Can you look at this without smiling?
I need new clothes, for sure. But new clothes wouldn't have changed the fact that a.) my feet can't handle standing on tile all day and needed shoes and b.) we don't believe in folding laundry in this house anymore so a clean, matched colored pair of socks from my drawer was way quicker than hunting a clean pair of white socks hiding in the laundry basket (aka weeks worth of laundry piled in the guest room).

Hazel took one (ONE!) more step today, dances/marches to music (while holding onto something, of course), gives the sweetest hugs, "feeds" us the food from books, climbs into everything and moved out of her infant seat and got turned around in the car all out once.
The first time she rode like this was on the way to our softball game. I was so glad Jason was driving so I could watch her enjoy her new set up immensely. She squealed, laughed and smiled the entire 30 minutes we were in the car.

Clara amazes me. Out of the blue, she decided she would write. She spelled bows and rtist (artist) all by herself. She has bows, artist books and books all for sale. You should really come check them out.
She also wanted to help me clean the kitchen instead of have a book read to her the other night. She is sweet and loves to help me. I often just stare at her beautiful face when she's sleeping or trying to fall asleep. While I'm staring I think that she'll be a young woman before I know it. I catch glimpses of her future beginning to edge in to her face. Her sweet, precious childhood features will melt slowly away into a beautiful, graceful young lady.
The Engineer - who's that? Jason has been slammed at work. Originally we tried to see it as a good learning opportunity. However, it's turned out to be a very strained way of life. At work he's overworked, underpaid and under appreciated. Too bad he's not home more where he's under worked, over paid and appreciated dearly. :)
Just the leaves are in focus. Everything else is a blur. It's a pretty good reflection of life these days. We all need a vacation. Any suggestions on where we should go?

3 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

Oh I'm so jealous that Hazel gets to turn around in the car. Elle probably won't get to do that until she's 10. I think she'll be 20 pounds by then.

Lisa said...

It was great seeing you guys on Saturday. I haven't thought of any other vacation spots, but if I do I will let you know. Hang in there!

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

life is so much better facing forward! I'm excited for Hazel. Clara is so beautiful. I have those same thoughts about Melanie. I love the picture of Jason with only the leaves in focus. That is how it feels around here as well. It's all a blur and just chaotic.