Friday, February 10, 2012

14 Days of Love: Day 10

Jason: He is more protective and cautious when it comes to our kids than I am. Sometimes this makes me roll my eyes, but usually, I am grateful that I don't have to worry about them when they are in his care.

Clara: She loves to hold hands with her friends - especially if they're smaller than her.

Hazel: Recently she started crawling much more dramatically, but she doesn't seems to move any faster. She just shakes her hips side to side.

*******************************************************

I've been thinking a lot about comparing. I catch myself doing it often. Too often. Especially when it comes to what I lack. Sunday I was watching someone during the sacrament and they seemed to be having a much more quite and reverent experience than I was. I was thinking more about shoving halved grapes into Hazel's mouth as fast as I could than reflecting on my week and how I could do better. I spent more time worrying about my kids being quiet than I did thinking of the Savior. Obviously there is a time and a season. My youngest is 13 months old and this other lady's youngest is twenty-something. Clearly it's unreasonable to expect to have the same experience and clearly this is the problem with comparing. We all have different situations. We are all at different phases in life. I'm working on comparing myself to me. Is it my best? 'Cause that's really all that matters.

1 comment:

angela hardison said...

well, lately i've been comparing myself now to myself 9 months ago - and that's no good either in my current state. ha!

i like your 14 days of love. still waiting for you to list things you love about yourself. do it do it.