We have a large closet in our family room where we store movies and blankets. Clara goes in it a lot and one time asked me to read her a book in there. I got the idea to turn the bottom part into a reading closet for Clara's birthday. She loved the idea, so the night before her birthday, I acted as the general contractor and subbed the work out to Jason. :) He removed the bottom shelf and painted the walls. Yes, that's a doggy bed acting as the cushion. Admit it, the idea is brilliant! It was cheap, it's huge (and the perfect size) and has a machine washable cover. Anyway, I have a few more details to add so hopefully I remember to take a picture when I'm done. It's already gotten a lot of use.

I've been getting $10 off coupons from Kohl's for the last several months so I would go, find things totaling near $10 and get free things. I wanted to make a necklace for Clara so one time I found some bracelets that I restrung. I wanted to make Hazel some baby leg warmers, so one time I got some cute socks. I was happy with how both projects turned out and even happier they were free.


For Clara and Hazel's big Christmas present, we decided to fix up an old wooden kitchen set we have had sitting in our garage for quiet some time - 2 years? Anyway, of course we procrastinated. On Christmas Eve, we decided not to paint it... and then I decided that'd be really sad if we put the haggard looking thing out for our girls on Christmas morning. So at 10:30pm, we decided to paint. I washed and peeled contact paper off while Jason painted. He continued to paint while I took care of other Christmas Eve tasks inside. We planned on doing white, but he accidentally opened the gray we painted our family room with and I decided to just roll with the gray. I am SO happy we painted and I really love how the gray looks with the pewter knobs. Not to mention we had everything but the long pull and the white tub I used for the sink, so the total project was less than $5.
7 comments:
I love them all! They look fantastic!
The kitchen turned out so cute!! I love to see "before and after projects", great job. =)
Love them!!!
and love free stuff too! the leggings are adorable!
Those are ALL such great ideas - and they turned out great!
Wow. They all look fantastic! I want to see a picture with Hazel in her leggings now.
As always do resourceful;). I wouldn't expect anything less. Haha
I love those kohl's coupons. I got a ton out our community garbage can in the mail room last year before we left Colorado. I got a ton of Christmas gifts to give for free. It was quite the blessing to have all though coupons considering our costly out of state move was right before Christmas.
Glad you had a wonderful holiday season with all your siblings and families. Can't wait to see you in 2012! Happy New Year!
oh i love it. i love projects that turn out.
Post a Comment