Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Clara

My little Clara is awesome. I'm not exaggerating in the least when I say she makes life fun. Every single day she makes me laugh and smile and I attribute my loosening up in the last year or so to her. She is just vibrant, fun and a welcome overdose of happiness.For her birthday, she received a gift card to Target. She absolutely LOVED it and we got to go shopping, just the two of us. We looked up and down the aisles. I explained tax, that she could get one big thing or two small things, that if she found something on sale she'd have more money to spend on something else, etc. In my opinion, she made a very wise decision. When we got to the register, she told me to go away because she didn't need my help. Obviously. I took a step back and took pictures as I smiled. I love her independence, courage and confidence.She also got a Polly Pocket set for her birthday that contained a silver helmet. Clara decided there was a better use for the helmet and became Rudolph the silver nosed reindeer for a week following her party. I love her creativity, imagination and spunk.Emptying the dishwasher is no longer one of Clara's jobs, but a few weeks ago she did it as a service to me. She plays while she works so everything takes her so long, but she has so much fun. On that particular day, she decided the strainer was the perfect guitar/banjo, so she rocked out in the kitchen. Put one dish away, rock out. Put another dish away, rock out. Yes, I believe tutus help you work and rock better. I love that she likes to serve others, doesn't usually complain about work and always has time to smell the roses... or play the guitar.I thought by now, she is FIVE, you know, my desire to hug, kiss and squeeze on this girl would start to diminish. Instead, the love and admiration I have for her have only increased over the years. It's such a pleasure being the mom of this beautiful little girl and I thank God for her every single day.

3 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

She really is quite the little lady! I love her personality so much. I seriously hope my kids have the imagination and wit that she does. And I love that she wasn't afraid to go up the cashier by herself! Very impressive!

Lisa said...

I think Clara and Connor should start a band together. The other day I took a straw away from him in the car. He was upset, he told me he was just making music. Evidently he was using it as a drum stick.

angela hardison said...

ahh i love her so much!

(you've been on a crazy blogging kick, and i've been reading them all in the middle of the night when i can't sleep so now i'm just catching up on commenting...)