Thursday, January 5, 2012

28 and Counting

When I found out Rachel and her family, Daniel and Steven were all coming for Christmas, I decided we had to find a way to convince Emily and her entire family to come as well. After I went to the Post Office and realized how expensive her package would cost to send, I decided to beg more and pray harder. It worked and for the first time in over 5 years, my entire family was together. 2 parents, 9 children, 5 in-laws and 12 grandchildren. Of course we talked a lot. Of course we ate. Of course we took pictures. And OF COURSE, the family pictures didn't turn out perfectly like I envisioned. But hey, we were all together and here's a picture to prove it.Are family pictures really as painful as many of these faces indicate? Clara was slouching and hunched over in most of the pictures. In one, she was bending her knees. Not sure what was going on in her little head. Hazel was only not looking in a few pictures - this is one of them. Oh well, I'm pretty sure Kathryn can work her Photoshop magic to fix all the problems in the least problematic picture. This picture required the least amount of editing and still offered the general idea of how awesome my family is. The picture isn't perfect, but being all together was. Besides, I thought our outfits all coordinated rather nicely. That should count for something, right?

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I don't know that's a pretty good picture for 28 and counting BUT why didn't you let Hazel be with Angela? Becauses she's looking at her like she's her REAL Mom;)

Jen said...

Love all the outfit choices, and yes slumped back's and babies faces turned adds character to family pics :)

Beka said...

that family pic looks AWESOME for a group that big!! Our's NEVER turn out that good- and the colors are great!! good job Melzers!!

Ashley Harris said...

I don't know what you're talking about - I think it's a great picture!! The colors are amazing and you all look great :)

angela hardison said...

rachel up there is right; hazel is looking at me with so much love :)

also lucas totally wins for best picture-taker. you should look at the niece/nephew photo i have on my blog and observe his pose... it's the best thing ever.