If I could create my own weather, I would make it very similar to our weather here. I'd tweak it just slightly: summers a little less hot, winters a little more cold. And I'd make it snow on Thanksgiving and Christmas. We might not have snow around here to make it look like Christmas, but we have plenty of reasons to feel like Christmas is around the corner.
The dishwasher is full of bowls, spoons and mugs as opposed to plates, forks and cups.
Our hot cocoa supply starts depleting.
The electric bill drops below $100.
We go through an ice cube tray a week instead of two (or more!) a day.
The space heaters are on.
The laundry is full of socks.
Extra blankets are on the beds.
Our Christmas decorations are out.
There's a fire in the fireplace.
Mine and Clara's hands are chapped.
I leave the oven open after baking to heat up the kitchen.
And one of the very best, our oranges are ripe.
Anybody else wondering how it's possible that Christmas is just over a week away?
Friday, December 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Love the list!
I'm so anxious for Christmas- oh i love it!
Merry Christmas!
Love this time of year.
Post a Comment