Monday, December 19, 2011

Ignorant

Thursday Clara came down with a low grade fever. She didn't feel sick or didn't act sick. I gave her some homeopathic supplements and made her drink lots of water and get lots of rest. She seemed fine until Saturday night when she got another low grade fever. (By low grade I mean under 100*). Sunday she seemed okay, but she stayed home from church and had to stay in her room all evening while my family was here for dinner. I felt bad quarantining her to her room, especially when her cousins were here, but I'm not a fan of spreading germs, so we locked her up and made her watch movies. She's been fine all day today. Tonight I was brushing her teeth and guess what I found? A GIANT molar coming in. Who knew? Not me! After I consulted Google I learned that yes, children get their first set of permanent molars around 5-6. Guess she's a little ahead of schedule. I really had no clue. Did you guys know kids get molars around this age? I wasn't expecting her to get another tooth until her 12 year molars. Serious. Another really funny thing about it was a guy asked me today at Costco if she had all her teeth. I thought it was an odd question and said she did. He asked when they get all their teeth and I told him she was done getting her teeth around 2 and wouldn't get more until her 12 year old molars. Ha ha. Live and learn, Anna, live and learn.

PS This week is going to be insane. Insane! Work (onsite - blah), Clara's birthday, 2 Christmas projects, thank you's, house cleaning, Hazel's invitations, Angela's birthday, quick trip out of town, family coming into town, Christmas Eve, Christmas and Hazel's birthday. The week after I have only one thing on the calendar: relax.

2 comments:

JLynn said...

We have a little friend that just lost her two front bottom teeth like ON her 5th birthday. It is early. I was shocked when she showed me and asked her mom if it was normal and she told me it was a little early! Makes me nervous for when Cache starts losing his baby teeth. Hope you are able to enjoy your busy week. Tis the season to be jolly! ;);) Love ya!!

angela hardison said...

well i'm glad she's not SICK sick. i have a busy week too... i am avoiding the mall but i still have over 50% of my christmas shopping to do. HELP!