::: Jalepeno cheese popcorn. Clara bought popcorn at our softball games Friday from the Mexican tricycle peddler while I was out field. When I came in she was nearly in tears and said, "I just wanted regular popcorn but all she had was the kind with jalepeno on it and it's burning my mouth!" Our sissy mouths are proof we don't spend enough time in West Mesa.
::: Alcoholic Grasshopper pie. We went to a neighborhood Christmas brunch and about 5 minutes after the host let us know she had set the pie out, but that it had alcohol in it, Clara, exclaimed, "Daddy said I could have a bite of pie!" I looked at Jason's plate across the table and saw a nice slice of the pie. Apparently he didn't get the memo. Fortunately, I was able to silently communicate to Jason across the table why Clara could not have a bite of pie and why he shouldn't either.
::: Singing Along. Tonight we let Clara watch the stop motion animation Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer. Apparently Jason watched it quite a bit as a kid and has the movie and all the song lyrics memorized. It was quite amusing listening to him sing along and blurt out lines of the movie a split second before they actually happened.

3 comments:
I watched that Christmas movie when I was little too. It's a classic !
So happy you made it to Melanie and Noelle's birthday party, even though you had so many other parties on Saturday. Melanie and Clara crack me up. When Oliver is a little bigger and I'm not as exhausted, we should get together again.
Your comic relief cracked me up. The jalapeno popcorn story is too funny. I'd be burning up too. Poor Clara.
I'm sorry but that is kinda funny your neighbor puts alcohol in pie. Really?! haha, never heard of that. How come she did not put out a non-alcoholic pie too? Geez, come on a non-alcoholic option should always be offered when it comes to pie. haha.
Post a Comment