Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Blame It On the Rain

I woke up this morning when Clara came into my room and said, "Mom, it's 9 o'clock." I grabbed my phone, hoping she was wrong. She wasn't. It was 9:05am. Our house was still dark because of the rain, so I blame the rain. Sleeping in until 9am is not a bad thing. Unless of course you carpool and are supposed to pick up the other child between 8:45am and 8:50am. Luckily, the mom of the girl we carpool with is really sweet and played it off like it was no big deal. She said everyone has done that, which I find hard to believe. Seriously? Who owns a house, is married, can drive, has two children, runs their own business and sleeps until NINE AM when they are supposed to pick up the carpool? That is irresponsibility at its finest. Since I started the day off in such an irresponsible manner, I figured why not make chocolate chip cookies for lunch? So I did. And then I let Clara eat two when she got home from school before making her eat anything healthy. I guess I felt it necessary to celebrate two days in a row of continual rain. I love it. LOVE IT. Even if it made me feel like a fool.

I also love going on walks with my girlies snuggled together in our single stroller.

6 comments:

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

My little house was pretty dark yesterday too. I remember looking out the window thinking it look like the sun was going down, not up.

I love the picture. That is too cute!

angela hardison said...

i wear a sleeping mask now and it helps me sleep in. the rain has been amazing.

little hazel's cute socks/toes in that picture! aww

Jen said...

Good for you for sleeping in so long, that's awesome!

Love those little feet :)

Ashley Harris said...

Ok pretty jealous about the whole 9 a.m. thing. My baby has been sick or teething for ... forever ... and wakes no later than 6:30 a.m. and every other day or so wakes at 5:30 a.m. NOT A FAN. LOVE the rain. If it can't snow here for Christmas, at least let it be rainy and chilly and make me want to cuddle on the couch all day. Love the day of irresponsibility!

David and Jana said...

Love you posts! hey could you eail your new address to djcorless@gmail.com? that would be lovely!

Vagabond Mother said...

Hey! Are you on FB? If not, I need to send you some information about a get together next week at Ashley's house. How can I reach you?